Beiträge von Gold Leader

I agree. Although, in one regard you are wrong - it is not the programmers fault. Programmers aren't decision makers. The time when they were is like 20 years ago. It's the managers, who bring this crap onto us...

==

Ich stimme zu. Obwohl, in einem Punkt liegst du falsch - Es ist kein Problem der Programmierer. Programmierer sind keine Entscheidungsträger. Die Zeit als sie's noch waren ist schon 20 Jahre her. Es sind die Manager, die uns das einbrocken..

Ah yes of course, but it seems them amagers are lacking knowlege on what can give their product a cleaner result for their programmers, if lesser patches are needed, lesser money shall be spilt by making them, but this is just my vision to this matter, but yes you are right on that behalf Sr GAT :thumbup:

Uhm hence my odd typing, it's because I have become totally obsessed to Dragon Age II Signature Edition rofl xD Which describes my old fashion way of talking :topmodel: Which kinda effected my brain rofl :bonk: :spitze:

May The Circle of Magi Be With Us Al and Bless The Maker of Mah Balz! xDl :topmodel:

We buy PC games because the I is better the game quality is better and over all the Gameplay is way better also, consoles are for children as where PC's are for the elder. People with a greater brain capacity play on PC's , personally I hate consoles they are built of evry cheap low quallity parts andsecondly when something dies you can't replace it you will have to send it to Microsoft or Sony and then you have nothing for 3 to 4 months if lucky.

PC's can be upgraded or built in any config the builder wants, heck we can even run 3dfx cards, as for consoles they are useless imo.

Too many games are victims of being a bad console port it seems that the programmers are getting lazier by the day, in the old days console games were ported from PC versions, PC should be the main platform as where the shitty consoles come second.

Unfortunately, DirectX Software Development is a lot easier than developing code for the OpenGL API. Or at least that is what I heard from a few coders. It seems, the dev tools are a lot better in the Microsoft world, making development easier and faster. I'm not saying that's necessarily "better", but it means a lot of money can be saved.

But still, I would also prefer OpenGL, because with OpenGL I can use all modern graphics card features on my XP x64 machine, because I wouldn't depend on DX9/10/11 anymore. :D

==

Leider ist DirectX Softwareentwicklung wesentlich einfacher als jene für die OpenGL API. Zumindest höre ich das von ein paar Softwareentwicklern. Es scheint so, als wären die Entwicklungsumgebungen weitaus besser in der Microsoft Welt, was die Entwicklung einfacher und schneller macht. Ich würde nicht sagen, daß das unbedingt "besser" ist, aber es spart halt einen Haufen Kohle.

Trotzdem würde ich auch OpenGL bevorzugen, weil damit könnt ich auch auf meiner XP x64 Maschine alle modernen Features meiner Grakas nutzen, ohne mich auf DX9/10/11 verlassen zu müssen :D

Oh yeah xD I wonder if OpenGL 4.1 would work under XP x64, you any idea's? have you tried that with your GTX 480's for example?

Might be interesting to find out :) As what I ahve heard from the Open Source users OpenGL is a more cleaner API to use hehe but yeah they might be very similar these days only thing is D3D costs money as where OpenGL does not in most cases and then getting similar or better results , it' is very obvious that many still prefer OpenGL just because of that, imo it's the OS support it gives you, no restrictions at all.

Hmm...

FEAR 5 would be V.E.A.R ????
    Useless...

Noes!! xD

It's that I read it somewhere that F.E.A.R 4 would be the final chapter of the series, but now I lost it lol. :bonk::topmodel:

Here some Fear pranks I found on the net:

F.3.A.R. = F*ck'n 3 Almas, RUN
    or
    F.3.A.R. = Feeding 3 A**holes Ramen: 1cup? :topmodel: Lawl.

But yer I guess Fear 3 is the last then,

I hope it uses OpenGL 4.1 API over Direct3D, this way other operating systems can run it as well like, Linux and Apple OS for example.

OpenGL is a cleaner API over Direct3D as welll, it has lesser bugs in it too. All what Direct3D showed me is buggy performance over OpenGL, OpenGL is the API of the future it's widely used in the OpenSource world as well even most CAD and professional graphics designers stick to OpenGL, because Direct3D does not cope with Lnux or Apple OS heh.

It would be nice to see more games using OpenGL imo. all this Microsoft crap isn't making the gaming world that much better.

And is Fear 3 any good? better than Fear 2? I also am considering to buy this game :) Although I'd inspire your experiences with it, the Metascore was 75% so yeah it aint too bad I guess.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fear-3

Although user score is 59% hmm so yeah I'm like might as well find out someday, so far all Fear games were great.

F.E.A.R. - First Encounter Assault Recon
    F.E.A.R. - Extraction Point
    F.E.A.R. - Perseus Mandate
    F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin
    F.E.A.R. 2 - Reborn
    F.E.A.R. 3 aka F.3.A.R.

More about F.E.A.R. 3 here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F.E.A.R._3 [ spoilers be warned]

I wonder if a F.E.A.R. 4 will be made aka F.E.4.R.

HMM if this PCI 2 CI-E card can do 66Mhz PCI bus hmm then a very cool combination can be done with the following parts:

Voodoo5 5000 / 5500 / 6000 AGP

Kuroutu Shikou Change AGP2PCI Adapter

the PCI 2 PCI-E Adapter

Click this together like Danish Lego and place it in a PCI-E 2.0 x1 slot --> fly at 66Mhz PCI Bus xD
    And then let the fun begin haha, it would look awkward though, the build up and so on lawl xD:bonk::topmodel:

Hmm this is nice work feinripp :respekt: but still the PCI bus is your bottleneck it seems that the adapter uses a PCI 32iot 33Mhz slot, it would of been nicer if there are such cards that use a PCI64 Bit or PCI-X slot so that you can use the full 66Mhz bus over a 32 Bit slot :) So what we need is a PCI-X 2 PCI-E adapter to get the full bandwidth from a 5500 PCI or AGP, unless this adapter support 66Mhz bus, which can make the end results more interesting :)

Like Radu says here:
    http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.…658&whichpage=4

That the card should run @ 66mhz bus max, hmmf :D

For the rest Cool beans man! :respekt::topmodel:

WTF? :topmodel:

Even being a mega Monster it's higly over priced, I remember I got my Mega Monster set main + slave card without VGA's + 2x Tenmax V2 Stealth Coolers for around 180 euro's for the entire set ;)
    Which is the set you can see in my VGA table when I was living at my old address :)
    http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/4421…ntents+view.jpg

So for just the slave card I'd say no more than 50 euro's , even that is a lot for any type of V2 these days, but normal priced for a V2 of this rarity, but then again if the bidder is that d-brained to raise up the price he or she will indeed pay a hiogher price lol.

Here my golden advice, just don't let the capitalism fool your minds comrades, there are much better ways of obtaining such things.

Well it has been a great time in Spain, we also went to the Tarn Area in France and damn man it was fantastic there made numerous pics and such, still have lots to sort out and upload, that is something I will do when I get home, since these campsites have odd WLAN connections one time you have 54MBit then it goes to 18 to 5.5 MBit but hey for free internet it's okay.

Well it seemed that the previous campsite had a good connection and I was able to upload over 60 photo's!

As for my vacation pics here's the gallery and yes all pics are all sorted out as well :thumbup:
    http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/3dfx…navId=x7c9ee2d1

Click to enter :topmodel:

Hmmm om noms moar Plane pics bring em on Backfirez xD:topmodel:

@ GAT :)

Did you get the chance to see one of these:
    North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco from the German Luftwaffe?
    http://www.ov-10bronco.net/Pix/OBA/German…ns_03_large.jpg

More info and pics on this cool plane here 8)
    http://www.ov-10bronco.net/oba/Wings/GermanWing/