Beiträge von Gold Leader

Hey all :)

After I been sifting around on my server I came across my old Quake III Arena Maps & Modles archive, a collection of the best maps & Models from most well known Clans & Leagues that were around from 1999 to 2003.

Most of these files are long gone as well, I also added the Zillion map to this archive, some one from Antwerp did map of club Ziillion it's self.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yghgy9cyynrf…0stuff.zip?dl=0

Enjoy guys :)
    ------------------------

Hallo zusammen :)

Nachdem ich auf meinem Server herumgesucht habe, bin ich auf mein altes Quake III Arena Maps & Modles Archiv gestoßen, eine Sammlung der besten Maps & Models von den bekanntesten Clans & Ligen, die es von 1999 bis 2003 gab.

Die meisten dieser Dateien sind auch schon lange weg, ich habe auch die Zillion Map zu diesem Archiv hinzugefügt, irgendjemand aus Antwerpen hat die Map des Clubs Ziillion selbst gemacht.

Q3A stuff.zip
    Shared with Dropbox
    www.dropbox.com

Viel Spaß Jungs :)

My first PC was a 486 DX2 66 (Windows 3.1, MS-Dos 6.2) which I think was in 1993 ?( ? In 1995 I bought a Pentium 133 with Windows 95a. At that time there were mainly MS Dos games. When the Matrox Mystique was released in 1996 and the first reviews described it as a Dos rocket thanks to its VESA BIOS 2.0, I bought one.

I have other Matrox cards but without OVP.

That is really cool, maybe we should have a Matrox Collection's thread, idea?
    Unless we already have one?

It is because I don't want to hijack this thread as reason :)

And nah no boxed cards here either, would be nice tho, but hey I paid just 45 Eur for all my cards, I ain't complaining.
    But what Matrox cards do you have guenter.f.68 ?

it's worth seeing the other side. if it's pretending to be a working device there should be a lot of wirings. otherwise it's more a dummy model.

but no one is aware of special drives for this thing, thus it's a dummy.

Hm I do see a lot of wires on the front card tho could be a prototype of some sort or they were trying to make something more compact, hard to say tho, could be just a dummy board construction fora new idea it is really hard to tell yea.

Hmm thought gdonovan had this interesting piece, even though I am not sure of the 3dfx 355 Avenger chips can do SLI Anthony I think you told me this one right reading the Quantum3D AAlchemy 4116, even though that card could do Motion Blur & Super Sampled Rotated Grid FSAA x2 & x4.

Maybe AmigaMerlin or osckhar may know more of this strange V3 Brick.
    The photo of I have seen elsewhere, I just can't remember where.
    ----------------------

Hmm dachte gdonovan hatte dieses interessante Stück, obwohl ich mir nicht sicher bin, ob die 3dfx 355 Avenger Chips SLI können Anthony ich glaube, du hast mir gesagt, dass diese Karte die Quantum3D AAlchemy 4116 richtig liest, obwohl diese Karte Motion Blur & Super Sampled Rotated Grid FSAA x2 & x4 machen könnte.

Vielleicht wissen AmigaMerlin oder osckhar mehr über diesen seltsamen V3 Brick.

Das Foto von habe ich schon woanders gesehen, ich weiß nur nicht mehr wo.

Matrox ! :thumbup: .Ich habe auch welche.

That's lovely man, love your respect for Matrox, would be nice to see more Matrox lovers here :)
    Alongside 3dfx, Matrox is my favorite company they were founded also in my birth year 1976, so yea Matrox is surely my favorite due to many reasons, they were the image Quality Kings in that sense.

--------------

Deutsch:
    --------------

Das ist schön, Mann, ich liebe deinen Respekt für Matrox, es wäre schön, mehr Matrox-Liebhaber hier zu sehen :)

Neben 3dfx ist Matrox mein Lieblingsunternehmen, sie wurden auch in meinem Geburtsjahr 1976 gegründet, also ja, Matrox ist sicherlich mein Favorit aus vielen Gründen, sie waren die Könige der Bildqualität in diesem Sinne.

Mal ein Update, weil ich doch so gerne Wände baue………das geht also nicht nur mit GTX-Kartons. :topmodel:

Fantastic collection there, always great to see others collecting Matrox cards as a main graphics card type of interest.
    Yet finding a G400 MAX mint in box or even sealed will be a major challenge as well, but never give up on searching I'm like.

Well I have about 8 Matrox cards, well 10 if I include the onboard Matrox G200e PCI-E 16MB on my Supermicro H8DG6-F & H8SGL/BF server boards.

Alongside 3dfx, Matrox was always my long time favorite, they had a quality no one else could offer, image quality being mainly that, only 3dfx's Voodoo3 3000 & 3500 came very close to the G400 series as 2D went, this was thanks to their 128Bit 2D core and their 350Mhz RAMDAC's which gave them an upper ledge over anything NVIDIA, S3, SiS, Intel, Power VR & ATi even could offer, even that S3's Savage 4 cards came quite close.

My Matrox cards can be seen here all 8 I picked up for just 45 Eur all work as well:

Matrox Millennium G400 Dual Head AGP 32MB 128Bit SGR Rev.B 4399

Matrox Millennium G400 Dual Head AGP 32MB 128Bit SGR Rev.B 1800

Matrox Millennium G450 Dual Head AGP 16MB 64Bit DDR SGR Rev.A 4500

Matrox Millennium G550 Dual Head AGP 32MB 64Bit DDR SGR Rev.A 4102

Matrox Parhelia AGP 256MB 256Bit DDR Rev.A 5103

Matrox Parhelia LX P650 AGP 64MB 128Bit DDR Rev.B 4505

Matrox Parhelia LX P750 AGP 64MB 128Bit DDR Rev.B 0905

Matrox Millennium G400 MAX AGP 32MB 128Bit SGR Rev.B 4399

The G400 MAX I'll use in a later Retro build, just dunno what yet, this was also a farewell gift from a past friend as well.

But yea man there is a line us Matrox fans can surely agree on:

\o/ !!! Matrox 4 Ever !!! \o/

That indeed :respekt:

[...] Nach etwas Spielerei an dem Laserpoti las es wenigstens wieder LS120-Disks, nur nicht ganz perfekt schnell.

Es sind die Laser die altern und sterben. Leider, denn ich finde LS-120 nach wie vor reizvoll.

- Backfire -

my Mitsubishi Australia F200 LS-120 drive still works like a champ, evens o I am always looking out for a LS_240 drive, these are very difficult to find sadly, I use the F200 in the AthlonXP 2200+ system :)

It was a gift from a friend from 2CPU Forums, it came with 5 LS-120 disks 4 are still factory sealed.

Maybe there is a way to replace the laser?

It's only a Rev.A 3700 Pre-Production Sample, about 1000 were made if not mistaken, this is a common card and there is nothing rare about it.
    Kind of hilarious how cards tend to land in the wrong hands, just an other whelp to avoid at all costs, them poor buyers they have no actual idea...
    And left alone what the media on YT has done, the poor quality reviews to which none of them even did a proper review of how common this revision is to left alone what the best driver combinations are, they just went their way without any proper knowledge, plus this card has terminal damage as well, it was used ina TYAN Thunder K7 Pro an extremely unreliable mainboard the previous owner came personally to me telling me the card was dying due to the artifacts it was giving when used in that board, kind of funny this information is STILL being left out.
    Sellers mostly lie it seems. :/

Again this info was not even added in the sale, 90% of that sale is utter bollocks, but everyone at x-3dfx is aware of it thankfully..
    Just a fucking shame that greed is at play once again :rolleyes:

Just for those wondering my 3dfx Anti Capitalism Campaign has never ended and it never will.

Hey nice find there with the P512, if ya need help for the best driver combination feel free to DM of it, I found some helpful ways getting the max out of these cards, my Parhelia AGP 256MB DDR had the same driver treatment.

a little addendum to the story with an auctioned parcel, recently one of these cards was sold on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364296456892

well, it's common business when you buy something on the auction and then try to get some profit selling things on ebay. but see how it was described. as a strange god card and without any photo of box contents. and in the box there was another card, much cheaper (king shaman). and the person who sold it knew the price of these cards very well. just because he contacted me and asked about prices, but he prefers not to tell the truth to buyers. such a dirty trick.

Just block such people, if I find an ebay auction and it has no actual photos' 90% of the time it's a major scam or it is fake, always worth reporting imo.
    I do agree with you man, such dirty people are the number one shills that are to blame for such acts as fake auctions they will use your knowledge for their own advantage for false marketing.

At x-3dfx we had a few that tried that my crew & I made sure they didn't last long lol.

Nice catch there Xion , it does seem like an other Rev.A 3700 from what I can tell, PCB color, card layout etc.
    These are the most common revision made, yet one of the most stable alongside the Rev.A 3900 & Rev.A2 2600.

As Hank once told me as numerous times, that it is best to remove CR4 to avoid a diode blowout, also to use your card at least every 2 weeks to avoid the capacitors from drying out, makes me wonder how many actually do that, I know I did and sill do as my 3dfx hardware goes, but yea.

Even recaps can be helpful of course, but if running a card and the caps die in the process, I think won't be much greatness for the card it's self.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Netter Fang dort Xion , es scheint wie eine andere Rev.A 3700 von dem, was ich sagen kann, PCB Farbe, Karte Layout usw.

Diese sind die häufigste Revision gemacht, noch eine der stabilsten neben dem Rev.A 3900 & Rev.A2 2600.

Hank hat mir einmal gesagt, dass es am besten ist, CR4 zu entfernen, um ein Durchbrennen der Dioden zu vermeiden, und die Karte mindestens alle 2 Wochen zu benutzen, um ein Austrocknen der Kondensatoren zu vermeiden, ich frage mich, wie viele das tatsächlich tun.

Sogar Rekapitulationen können natürlich hilfreich sein, aber wenn eine Karte läuft und die Kondensatoren dabei absterben, denke ich, dass die Karte selbst nicht viel taugt.

A Parhelia topic very nice, my Parhelia I bought from a Matrox Engineer only 15000 AGP x4/x8 Universal models were made, this was the frist batch of Parhelia AGP 256MB DDR graphics cards, all the others from 2004 to 2006 varied as PCB designs and minor changes went.

First P512 AGP 256MB DDR's had a core clock of 220 mhz and the latest oens aran around 250Mhz, so theyw ere kind of fine tuunin the cards.

here's my card:

Matrox Parhelia AGP Universal 256MB 256Bit DDR Rev.A 5103

What I did was install the September 2003 driver the Matrox Power Desk 1.5.0.107
    And then downloaded the May 2007 driver kit, which is 1.13.0.158 I only used it's installed to extract the files, then I went to device manager and updated the Parhelia 256MB's WDM Driver rebooted and done, this gave me the older control September 2003 panel which revealed far more options that if using the May 2007 control panel instead.

So it's like this:

Stereo Depth OpenGL... Has anyone actually tried that yet?
    Just curious what that does, not sure if games would get any advantage from it, there are like six OpenGL options which is pretty crazy.

But all the other options the 2003 driver normally has are there as well and they work as well, the 2007 WDM drivers fixed a lot of in game issues as well even for games that barely ran with Parhelia, so what I did was make a Parhelia driver archive with all the Parhelia driver releases from 2002 to 2007.

If anyone seeks these feel free to DM me for them I'll happily share them.

As 3D Mark 2001 SE B330 goes I did run it with my AthlonXP 2200+ and my Parhelia AGP 256MB DDR, just got under 6900 points, which you can see here:

Nicely done then again 3D mark 2001 SE Pro B330 is very intel & NVIDIA orientated it's not by far even a neutral program either due to cheats Intel & NVIDIA put in to it, it's a well known fact sadly anything from Future mark I find extremely unreliable. Game tests for what the cards are made for put these cards to a much better justice than some over commercialized program, don't get why people keep using that 3D mark garbage anyways it proves nothing really .

But bI watched your video looks like you did use the 16 Bit test and not the default 32Bit one,adding specs on what you used would of been helpful as well what CPU type what speed was it a Northwood A, C Prescottt or anything else?
    also what test did you run 1024x768x16 or 1024x768x32 default?

Such info would be nice if people would add that if they do run that 3D mark nonsense lol
    In the end I never needed tor ely on that unreliable over commercialized software, the games that I play tell me much more on how a Voodoo5 5500 or even a 6000 actually performs, it's the games themself that will tell you all you need to know.

When the AthlonMP 2200+ came out, I bought it new with a Hercules 3D Prophet 9700 Pro and used the 5500 PCI in the PCI-X slot at 32Bit PCI 66Mhz, the sound card was an Audigy2 Platinum and the mainboard was the ASUS A7M266-D, this was a lovely combination, I too had a Leadtek Winfast A250 TDH which was their GeForce 4 Ti-4600, but still the 9700 Pro was my choice over it in 2002, the Ti-4600 went in my secondary system the AthlonXP 2700+ at the time.
    When a friend of mine show me his Hercules 3D Prophet 8500 AGP 128MB DDR, a Radeon 8500A GP with 128MB 128Bit DDR, this card is what I wished I had back in 2001, all due to Shader Model 1.4 and much better image quality after he showed me and compared, the R200 had a far higher fidelity of colors and much sharper image output, it was as if a gray filter was removed or something, he used a nice EIZO S-2000 S-VPA panel at the time.

This was also why I went Radeon in 2002 and always favored Radeon over GeForce ever since, even i had tons of GeForce cards some we just too fun to have in that sense, the Gainward GeForce3 Golden Sample Power Pack from 2001 I liked more, as I was able to OC it close to Ti-500 specs without issues, which was this card:

Probably my favorite GeForce card in a long time, it's Philips ViVo chiip was also nice for 1024x768x32 @ 100Hz Support for 100Hz CRT TV's.
    I used this one for a long time in my Dual P3/EB 1Ghz with the ABiT VP6.

CryptonNite As for the Athlon64 it came out in October of 2003, intel didn't have much else to compete with it, it's how things happened, so YES! I can compare it to a P4 since that is all what Intel could throw back at it back then and hey it's not my fault Intel had nothing to go against it, sheesh man, calm down for once, no need to burst a lung, it's just computer hardware after all :topmodel:

But hey you can't have em all ;)