Beiträge von Gold Leader

i would be very curious about this tyan board behaviour. i suggest any owner of my 2 or 4-chip cards conduct long-term reliability tests on it. if the card fails, i'll fix it for free or replace it with a new one.

that would be too much loss for you friend. I don't want you to run in funding issues.

I know who the seller is, it's the person I DM'ed you about, not going to talk to them, just an other greedy capitalist on my black list and yes I have dealt with their crap at x-3dfx we got rid of them when they were advertising this on our page, our number one rule is that our group is not for sales, advertising and spamming sales etc.

It's purpose is for keeping 3dfx alive for enjoying the cards we have etc, sharing our experiences what games we used to play and still play with our 3dfx cards, greedy sellers are pretty much doomed and terminated from all my servers, we don't ave time for such types.

So no I will not contact the seller, sorry.

I even have plans for leaving the 3dfx scene completely, I'm just so done with everything.

The iWill MPX2 and the Gigabyte 760 MPX boards are rare these days that is true I go by the knowledge and experience from Hank Semenec and all 85 Voodoo5 6000 owners about 6 cards were reported with serious issues when using TYAN 760 MP/760 MPX based boards, my research has always been proven as reliable.

Every TYAN based board should be avoided as it comes to using cards like a Voodoo5 6000.
    Most of the doculments were written on the V6K Team Forums as well as the Voodoo5 6000 Resource Group, two forums where most content is not intact.

Due to m autism I have photographic memory of what is safe and what is not safe, I don't need to prove anything the people at gave me reports I prefer to keep their names private.

The safest boards are these:

---------------------------------------------

Kompatible Hauptplatinen für V6K's

Abit Sa7 (SiS645dx) Rev. 1.2 (neuestes BIOS) kompatibel Rev.A 3700

RANDNOTIZ: Wenn 98SE verwendet wird, wird der neueste Raziel Evolution Treiber benötigt, Amigamerlin + Referenz Treiber werden das System in 3D Applikationen einfrieren (keine weiteren Treiber getestet). Keine Probleme unter XP mit Referenz Treibern, Amigamerlin, SFFT, keine weiteren getestet

Asus P4S533-E (SiS645dx) Rev. 1.04 (BIOS 1006 and 1008 Beta getestet) kompatibel Rev.A 3700

ASUS P3B-F (i440BX, v1.04): kompatibel (getestet BIOS bis zu 1006, höhere BIOS Versionen resultieren in einem "no-vga" Biep) Rev.A3 3400

EPoX EP-BX3 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400, Rev.A 3700 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K3A Rev. 1.0 Rev.A 3700 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K3A+ Rev. 1.1 Rev.A 3700 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K5A2+ Rev. 1.2 Rev.A2 2600 & Rev.A 3700 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K5A3+ Rev. 1.1 Rev.A2 2600 & Rev.A 3700 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8KHA VIA Apollo KT266(A) kompatibel Rev.A 3700

Intel OR840 (i840, v701, v702, v703, v704): kompatibel

(v702 ausgiebig getestet, getestete BIOSe beinhalten IBM und Intel original BIOS v225, v235, v248 and v255 Versionen (255 besitzt jedoch einen bug mit FSB133 Stabilität, 248 empfohlen)) Rev.A3 3400

Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P Rev: 1.0 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400, Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

SOYO KT333 ULTRA DRAGON kompatibel, Rev.A 3700
    Iwill MPX2 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400, Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

The TYAN boards that are listed here need to be moved to the Orange section... I have asked this, but it seems that post can not be edited.
    V5 6000, V5 5000 und V5 5500 AGP x4, Owners Liste und Infos
    Backfire is up to date of the unreliabillity of TYAN motherboards as most of us are at x-3dfx.

Teilweise kompatible Hauptplatinen für Voodoo 5 6000

ASUS P3C-E (i820): teilweise kompatibel (startet, aber der HB1-SE66 erhitzt sich abnormal während dem POST und Betrieb, es wurde bestätigt es besteht eine echte Gefahr für den Brückenchip! Versuchen Sie es NICHT! Wenn Sie wirklich müssen, ist die Verwendung eines Kühlkörpers für den HB1-SE66 Brückenchips ein Muss!) Rev.A3 3400 & Rev.A 3700

MSI KT3 Ultra2 (KT333 CE) teilweise kompatibel Rev.A 3700
    Tyan Tiger 760 MPX Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 & Rev.A 3700 teilweise kompatibel Cards damage over time, artifacts appear.

Tyan Thunder K7X Pro Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 & Rev.A 3700 teilweise kompatibel Cards damage over time, artifacts appear.

Inkompatible Hauptplatinen für V6K's

ABIT BX6 (i440BX, v1.0): inkompatibel (kein POST) Rev.A 3700

ABIT BE6-II (i440BX, v1.1): inkompatibel (no-vga Biep) Rev.A 3700

ABIT ST6-RAID (i815EP, B0 Step): inkompatibel (no-vga Biep) Rev.A 3700

ASUS A7A266-E inkompatibel, Rev.A 3700

ASUS A7M266-D Rev.1.01 inkompatibel, Rev.A 3700

ASUS TUA-266 Rev. 1.01 Rev.A 3700 inkompatibel

ASUS A7V333-R Rev. 1.02 & 2.00 Rev.A 3700 inkompatibel

Soyo 6BA+IV (i440BX): inkompatibel (no-vga Biep) Rev.A 3700

MSI K7D Master L-Rote und Grüne Revision inkompatibel Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400, Rev.A 3700

It will not be my concern if people do as if this is BS and all of their cards are getting issues all for ignoring the safety and reliability of my knowledge, everything Hank passed on to me I have passed on to that of others, that is my seal of safety.
    In the end most people came to me for aid when it came to these cards because of my wide range of knowledge and contacts for these cards.
    AGP voltages aren't stable as with the EP-8K3A+ per example, this can damage the card over long terms of usage.

Is this a problem of Tyan or a problem of AMD 760MPX?

it's considering the TYAN Tiger MP/MPX & TYAN Thunder K7 /K7 Pro, these boards are listed as unreliable as they cause unwanted AGP voltages and also require a very special extra power connector, even so about 6 readings of Voodoo5 6000 owners have resulted with damaged or destroyed status if used in these boards for a short to medium period of time.

The only Safe 760 MPX boards I can advise are the iWill MPX2:

And the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P

These are the only safe mainboards for the 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 when it comes to the AMD 760 MPX chipset.
    Also note the Rev.A 3700 is not ultra rare at all, it's the most common of all 6 working Voodoo5 6000 revisions.
    So the seller also lied about that info as well.

Yes the original owner of this card was Markus from Spain, I so called helped Declan W. aka SWZSSR, MicroBits, Retro Dee & Declan Retro all the same person to help find this card within 3 days, the cards DOES have issues it was used in a TYAN Thunder K7 Pro a black listed mainboard, Microbits came to me saying the card gave certain artifacts , people always come to me about such things, this is the slow permanent damage that has been done to the card simply for being foolish and not listening to my knowledge that I learned from hank and other Voodoo5 6000 owners.

The card given the infamous artifacts which is a well known issue if using these TYAN AMD 760 MPX based mainboards for a certain amount of time.
    This information has been elft out from that auction, but should of been added, once the user used the card in the EP-8K3A+ mainboard, it seemd the issues were resolved, but in the actual reality the damage has already been done.

if a seller posts such an auction such details SHOULD be added, what so ever all I see is a greedy seller posting a scam.
    Just so everyone knows the actual truth of this card.

The card was later sold to Ross T aka theeraccoon which seems to be the seller of that card on ebay.
    They may have confirmed the card being stable, but the damage has already been done with a TYAN Thunder K7 Pro mainboard by it's previous owner, Microbits.

When making a sale of such a card please add all the details and not ONLY the good bits...

have a nice day.

Oh yea of course, glad you are able to witness the Voodoo5 6000 like I once did, for NTFS AmigaMerlin 3.1 R1 will allow you to use 1600x1200x16 + FSAA x8 btw this is the only driver that allows this for what I can recall and none of the 98SE drivers can do this either.

UT looked sick with this setting, frame rate was bad but yea for nice image quality shots of intense FSAA it's fun to mess around with.
    Hereby I thank omega_supreme for finding this out, you can find his thread here at 3dfxzone.it:
    https://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=963

probably i should consider usage of single oscillator and clock distribution logic as on original v56k to avoid appearance of such collisions.

Or use the layout placement 3dfx used to place these things, it seems they didn't now have the ones you used, here ALT-F13's old card; I used Snow White as comparison:

Maybe an idea to place them on the top side of the PCB instead of the rear, making the card more flat as it comes to the rear side?
    Other option stick to how 3dfx did their card y using their method instead, not sure if this is a doable method tho, just a thought :)

I have dyslexia man haha I can't even be like that, even if I tried :topmodel: But Ir eally didn't expect people to see me as one, those that know me should know by now I am a fan of the Boeing 747 and 3dfx as we all are here, it's called Voodoaolert for a reason right.
    But hey man, I love all graphics cards you seen my collection yet from the days of old?
    Check it out here man :)
    https://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/index.…dleader/prevgas
    In there you will see that every GeForce I had was a high end model if I was an AMD /ATI fanboy I would not of collected 3dfx, ATi/AMD, Matrox S3, 3D labs and other brands and well that isn't really the case :)

They are sorted per chip maker they mostly have high end models I just love full dies and such that is why I kept my pattern only now cards have such stupid high prices it takes me like one year to save something up that I find decent for my liking it's never about need it's about what I can make doable in a year's time or all the time I will need to save up a particular card.

As for the Iintel ARC 770 LE 16GB I'd love to get one and I think I will once my Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX & Valve Index VR headset + controllers have arrived these are upgrades I really want to do first before adding other cards so yea I am glad many of you here did buy the Intel ARC and I hope you guys will be able to post significant performance improvements as it's drivers get more mature in time, it's something new thus exciting to follow.

Which is why I made this thread , since no one else did, I was like hey sure why not :)
    For the average guy don't buy any of the new cards paying 800Eur+ for a graphics card is crazy imo, but for us enthusiasts yea go for it, I want a full die and the Nitro+ 7900 XTX has that so that is what I will use to replace my current Nitro+ RX Vega 64, but yea you are right to a certain point of view.

Also how is the Intel ARC 770 LE 16GB with VR, has anyone tried that yet?

Don't start talking like a Fanboy to me.

I said that the RX480 killed the Fury Not its faster.

Then you should of mentioned that detail? Was it that hard?
    It's all about the details.

And it has nothing to be a "fan of something" even that is no crime either I don't see the problem even if that would of been the case, truly I'd not give a damn who if fan of what, not like that would be relevant to anything lmao.

I mean come on dude, the amount of Intel & NVIDIA Fanboys & Fangirls here is larger than you'd think, to me that was a known thing even when I joined this place back in 2004... Yea was with my first account... then rejoined in '09 all because I was asked to return.

So before calling me a fanboy, could you please take a look at yourself first perhaps? As it's often the case that those that call people for certain undelightful things, they are often that themselves... think about it and take your time, you might need it....

I just go by hard facts, as I have done since 1988, deal with it, you can't like or agree with everything, but facts are hard to beat ;)
    ATi & Matrox were masters of image quality, as a graphics card collector you should know this the same for the 3dfx Voodoo Banshee & Vodooo3 series, 3dfx put a ton of money in to their 2D cores and they never did this before, but they managed extremely well, the Voodoo3 3000 & 3500 matched the 2D image quality of the G400 series of cards and that is really pushing it, the ATii Rage 128 series also came close to this level of 2D image quality output.

They made the TNT 2 cards look bad as their 2D image output was horrid, am I now a 3dfx, Marox ATi fanboy all of a sudden now because of this??
    If you have a healthy mind I am sure you would see things in more positive ways.

In the end, damn dude, if people call me a fanboy, I should feel blessed, lmao!
    Such things I just see as strongly placed compliments, so thanks! :respekt:

The RX 480 replaced it yes and it was a healthy replacement, only the Fury as high end and the RX 480 was mid end, power consumption is was a lovely improvement as Polaris goes, but performance was it wasn't as great as people had hoped it would be.
    AMD had to rely on CFX to beat a GTX 1080 and even this was hardly reached the 1080 just walked over the cards, Pascal was NVIDIA's best GPU since G80

Also if I was an AMD fanboy I would not even admit such things either.

the R9 Fury X beats even the RX 590, the RX 480 was very power efficient but it could not even touch a R9 290, let stand the R9 290X & R9 Fury X, a good fine tunes R9 Fury X could easily take out the 980 Ti that is a decent under volt and OC and you could surely beat those things, I went for the Sapphire Nitro+ OC R9 Fury, this is not the FuryX but it runs at the speeds of the Fury X aka the GPU & HBM clocks, it can be unlocked to a Fury X with a Bios Hack and I paid for one in 2016 for 265 Eur from a caring collector from Austria I compared it to the RX 480 and the Nitro+ R9 Fury destroyed the RX 480 in every game what ever you threw at it.

So I don't know what you did wrong saying that a RX 480 beats a Fury, in the actual reality it comes no where near it.
    As for now I am still using my Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 , it has been in service for the past 5 year sand 8 months aka 5.9 years and no too are not going to replace it yet it still does everything I want to at 1440p, I Bought it for 620 Eur back in March of 2017, so it's actually paying me back in that sense, nothing much to loose or left alone to miss out on.

The Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 Special Edition is in my server, it is only used when a friend comes over so we can play ARK for the rest it's fans never spin as it's always in idle mode, it's still a fine card for 1920x1200x32 in most games so yea not gonna replace that either, I love my Radeons and as long they do what they need to do I'm good and I never will need a GeForce to be happy, I prefer Radeons their drivers make more sense and I find them far more stable in every work load plus the image quality output is always better.

Here my current Radeons:

Spoiler anzeigen

Sapphire Nitro OC+ Radeon R9 Fury PCI_E 4GB 4096Bit HBM

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 Special Edition PCI-E 8GB 256Bit GDDR5

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 PCI-E 8GB 2048Bit HBM2

But coming back to the RT thing it's not even full Ray Tracing like what Render farms do for Hollywood Movies it;s nothing even close to that it's a very tiny fraction of that, by the time GPU's can do that you will be 40 a 50 years down the road I think.

NVIDIA uses false marketing and refers it as full ray tracing which it really isn't it's nothing close to it, Intel & AMD also have Ray Tracing but they too only do a tiny fraction of it, so to me it's not even the real deal, as for Control it's not my kind of game, so for me I prefer not to pay up for the RT tax.

LS120

Das ist schon langsam Schmerzhaft was mache sich einbilden. :thumbdown:

- Backfire -

Damn that is overpriced.. I got mine as a gift from a friend from the 2CPU forums, he got it for around 50 USD or so it came with 5 LS-120 disks 4 are still sealed I only used one he opened to see what this drive can do, finding out I was able to run 4K video from it when I used my V3 3500 in the AthlonXP 2200+, that really blew my mind... I played the Aquaman trailer at 4K reso from the LS-120 disk and it all all in full sync as well.

The Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro did the hardware sound so that too did help a lot.

I even tried it in Windows 7 Pro x64 + SP1 and no issues in there either:

Hmm strange, I can find 6800 XT's for 500 Euros quite easily same for RTX 3080's, it just depends where you look I would guess.

And no I don't care for ray tracing, it marketing gimmick garbage that I can't even see lol I Seen many demo's in RL and nah man I could not see much actual difference one image was a bit darker than the other, and to spend so much on a RTX GPU just fora stupid effect no thanks, once you disable it you get a ton more FPS as well, we never needed in the 3dfx days so we won't need it now.

Al whatl I could see were the stupid taxes it was causing to the prices of these graphic cards, even most games that do take good use of it hmm let's see Control, Minecraft RT & Quake II... 1997, it barely show any differences, as for reflections it adds, uhm so what? who cares??? our Voodoo 5's could do soft reflections, what is there to miss?

So what are they lying about in that sense? Yea it's funny how companies do bad with marketing like that it just hurts my brain.
    Also how AMD did the 8K gaming act, this was retarded and stupid, no one is asking for such things, even that this was a joke towards NVIDIA 8K gaming during their 2080 Ti release, in the sense yea we too can pull out a dumb joke like that.... I still think they should not of done that, that too doesn't leave a good mark, even I did get the joke and found it hilarious, it would of been best to leave out such remarks especially ina presentation, if it was done in a review as a joke then it would of been fine.

In the end all companies are greedy man, they just want your money they won't give a damn who buys what, they will pull every trick out of their sleeves to attract buyers.
    And they come to use with these terrible marketing gimmicks, I just want a product that performs great and that can last for 6 a 7 years, this is why I buy the best Radeon I can find and go with that for 6 a 7 years and after that I will see what comes around.

Now you may get why I prefer the 3dfx era we just had more choice and nothing was as stupid as it was now.

That is partially my fault tbh :topmodel: As I did spread some good word for you at x-3dfx and some other 3dfx communities, since you would always be the person I would advise people to turn to when it comes to repairing Voodoo5 cards.

Anyways, I just hope that you aren't swarmed by too many orders, I am sorry if it causes too much attention :steinigung:

No that's fine man and yea I do find it's more at the level of a RTX 3060 Ti but not a 3070 or a 6700 XT this last card is on par with a 3070 Ti in most cases, but who knows within time once drivers get more optimized one of my members at Jedi Dinus Discord group told me the ARC 770 LE 16GB can be on par with a Radeon RX 6800 (non-XT) or RTX 3070 Ti maybe 3080 in some games but that is really a pulling it he told me, unless the latest ARC drivers changed this that can surely be :)

Overall Intel's drivers are crap in comparence to that of AMD or NVIDIA, the Drivers aren't filtered out and fully optimized for ARC either, so I do think there is plenty room for some improvements and I am sure Intel's ARC driver team will get there eventually.
    But it's still not a card I can advise for those that play a lot of DX11 and older games for DX 12 & Vulkan it can be a nice choice, but just not an optimal or affordable one since there are better cards for the same money, especially now.

Overall AMD has my purest of attention as it always did but for those that seek a nice low -end mid range card the ARC 770 LE can surely fit in nicely.
    My next card will be a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX which will replace my Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 on may 24, 2023.

I still find 443 Eur for a low end card too much, in USA it's 350 USD, here where I live (NL) it's roughly 480 Euros.... which is terrible pricing, the RX 6800 XT for 512 Eur is still a far better deal if you are going to compare price & performance and if RT is your thing just get a RTX 3080, these are both around the 500 Eur range nowadays you get a lot more for just a little less and this is still most important to most buyers out there, the RX 6800 XT & RTX 3080 make the ARC 770 seem a pointless option.

But hey it doesn't have to end there though :) For the collector the Intel ARC 770 Limited Edition 16GB is the utmost of interesting, it's very beautifully crafted as it were hand made, the deep blue/purple RGB really makes it futuristic as well, it stands out very well and can be seen a a nice collectors item, but it's just not good enough for what it is, it is Intel and it is heavily over priced, this was always an issue when it came to Intel products.

Oh that was just an example of what could happen even if that chance is small, as the Destroyed label goes, that falls under prohibited items they can be labelled as destroyed but most likely will be returned to the sender, the one that sent the package will need to make contact with DHL and get this shit sorted
    https://www.eurosender.com/en/courier-com…rohibited-items.

Eventho I find it strange for a graphics card to be seen as prohibited item, unless the customs found out that your Italian friend does do shipments to Russia, not sure how they can find this out, Customs are strange ones.

Well I talked to a friend from Canada, h e told me that "destroyed" means the package was damaged, it will most likely be returned to the actual sender.

So that should be a worry less, if it was contraband the package would of been seized which is not the case.

The only way it could of gotten destroyed to a literal sense is that one of the DHL Employees hates Russians and they actually damaged the package, I personally don't hate Russians not all are bad but this chance is most least of likely.

Yet there are certain restrictions when it comes about shipping parcels to and from Russia:
    https://www.easypost.com/dhl-russia-shipping-restrictions

And I really think this plays a large role, it's super risky, contacts or not, not going to be relevant in this case.
    But yea it's sad and stupid and it will get more stupid as time progresses.

Kaitou here a screenshot from the details of that package it does clearly read that the package was destroyed, this is bad tho.
    It should of been returned to it's sender, very unusual.

All in all I Hope the sender did fully insure the item.