Beiträge von Alliance2000

Hi Anthony

it is such a pity and an absolutely unnessesary war that is going on - and I believe most Russian people don't agree to that (here in Germany in the media there are some reports about people in Russia demonstrating against it, but as we hear there are harsh consequences possible for that). So it is good you and your family are well - but all the actions against Russia to make Putin stop the war always hit the wrong people first - like you. :steinigung:

Stay safe, we all have to wait and hope the war ends soon and keep doing the great work! If I can help in any way let me know!

Btw: 2 adapters from osckhar arrived today for the Snow White: AGP2PCI and AGP2PCIe - tests will follow soon.....

As I already wrote per PM, I just copied and pasted the Facebook profile name - there was no intent to release private information here - and I really don't have any private information from anyone despite the guys I'm trading with.

So again: sorry for that! But fortunately we managed to sort things out privately and are (hopefully) still retro friends... :topmodel:

Ich versuche, das nicht mehr durcheinander zu bringen - obwohl es im Netz viele "Infos" über ein 8K5A+ gibt... gibt es das wirklich oder haben die alle nur die "2" bzw. "3" vergessen?

english

I'm trying not to confuse that anymore - although there is a lot of "information" about an 8K5A+ on the net... does it really exist or did everyone just forget the "2" or "3"?

Gold Leader So do you know a real DIFFERENCE between the boards besides the new southbride with USB2.0 and LAN support? Any advise?

Ich habe ja eine Snow White hier liegen und möchte mir den "perfekten" Unterbau für die V56K Replika bauen.

Ich habe ein ECS Elitegroup V7KTA3 günstig geschossen und werde das (wenn es funktioniert) weiß lackieren - das sollte richtig gut aussehen mit der Snow White.

Aaaaber ... die Epox-Boards sind ja eigentlich das nonplus-Ultra für die V56K und nun habe ich eine Frage an die Fachleute:

- Hank / Gary usw. empfehlen ja das 8K3A+ (vor allem auch wegen BIOS-Features, Übertakten und dem Anzeigen der AGP-Spannung beim Booten).

- Es gibt ja noch das 8K5A2+ (mit neuerer SB, hat damit USB 2.0 und LAN) und dann gibt es noch das 8K5A3+ - sind die jetzt einfach nur "neuer" oder haben die auch andere Features? Andere BIOS-Versionen haben die jedenfalls laut diesem Post nicht....

Was wäre Eurer Meinung nach die beste Variante des Epox-Boards für die Snow White?

english

I have a Snow White here and would like to build the "perfect" substructure for the V56K replica.

I shot an ECS Elitegroup V7KTA3 cheaply and will paint it white (if it works) - that should look really good with the Snow White.

But ... the Epox boards are actually the ultimate for the V56K and now I have a question for the experts:

- Hank / Gary etc. recommend the 8K3A+ (mainly because of the BIOS features, overclocking and displaying the AGP voltage when booting).

- There is still the 8K5A2+ (with a newer SB, so it has USB 2.0 and LAN) and there's the 8K5A3+ - are they just "newer" or do they have other features as well? According to this post, other BIOS versions do not have them....

What do you think would be the best variant of the Epox board for the Snow White?

Bis dahin,

Marcus

Gold Leader aka Gold Leader or Obi-Wan Kenobi : you should know me already from here as Alliance2000 / Marcus. I’d like to answer to your FB post, as you obviously just kicked me out of the x3dfx group instantly as I defended my way of storing my graphic cards in a rack… 😳

I don’t destroy cards, I use them and already did some projects like the rotating Aalchemy. Why so aggressive? I store my cards in a display rack, take care about them by letting them have a check from Backfire and use them every now and then. In the rack you can see the cards at least (instead of looking only at the packaging when kept sealed)….

I don’t see any reason for a kick, but as you are Admin - do your thing…

Regards,

Marcus

SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra:

=================

I just found out that the manual says, the AGP voltage can be adjusted around 1.5 V - that means it is NOT compatible with V56K / Snow White aso. !!!

See here:

or here:

Vcore+++ Im Bios von 1,5 Volt bis 1,85 Volt 0,025 Volt Schritten / Jumper nicht verfügbar
    Multiplikator+++ Im Bios von 6x bis 14x / Jumper nicht verfügbar
    FSB++++ Im Bios von 100 MHz bis 255 MHz / Jumper oder Switch nicht verfügbar
    VIO++ VIO nicht veränderbar, aber im BIOS kann man die Spannung der Speicher Module (VDIMM) von 2,5 Volt bis 2,8 Volt und Grafikkarten Spannung (VAGP) von 1,5 Volt bis 1,8 Volt in 0,1V Schritten ändern.
    Core Voltages Supported

1.100V - 1.850V (in 0.025V increments)

AGP Voltages Supported 1.5V/1.6V/1.7V/1.8V
    DRAM Voltages Supported 2.6V/2.7V/2.8V

I also found a picture of the SY-K7VM333 which also ONLY supports 1.5 V AGP cards (VIA KM266 chipset):

So maybe the list is not correct about Soyo boards...? Martin K. What about the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - is it really safe for a V56K? What does your manual say about AGP voltages?