Beiträge von ketfri8002

I also got one, but it's defective :/
    But i got the AA module and risercards for a brick, so just needs 4 cards.

Loves the way you made it, yes it's more easy for testing. As you a time in the future can make a nice looking one without worring about mistakes. Loves your system btw, it's a ginial "Mercury owner, time to upgrade" roleplay. Loves that kinda stuff. :respekt:

As told, minecraft beta1.7 works just fine on Voodoo5 5500. In the fact the pictures i took for the 1st april joke i made, was captured on my Compaq AP550 workstation with a Voodoo5 5500. It it run very smooth with high settings using referance 3dfx drivers Java6 and Windows 2000 Sp1 i think. But everything never than beta 1.7 wont work, or atleast not without texture errors.

It's not the server who's the problem, it's the old laptops most kids have.

If you want me to, i can ofcourse record a video of it, have the system ready/have not made any changes to it since april.

Thanks for the links.

I got plenty og CPU power, beside the alternative is people who sots and watch we other play. Cuz their computers freeze and if their lucky. Runs with less than a frame each second. So cant see how it should become a problem. It,s after all a game thers so light weight on the graphics. That even a voodoo 5500 Can handle it. (Or atleast beta 1.7)

Have tried to search around on this forum to find Open-GL to DirectX wrappers. And only found Mesa stuff and Glide wrappers. Maybe i'm just really bad at searching, or is it cuz i dont understand german to english translations. But anyway, i hope you will help.

Did some days ago prepare for a LAN party where we where going to play minecraft. Then i heard that some of them had truble with getting there computers to the LAN. So i got the idea of virtualize some machines for them to play on using old laptops as thin clints. When i in Hyper-V enabled RemoteFX did i fast discover that RemoteFX only supported DirectX and not OpenGL that minecraft uses.

The LAN party is over now, but would be nice to have it prepared for the next time, so thought it would be crazy nice if i using some wrappers could get OpenGL support and see if it then is possible for RemoteFX to support OpenGL applications?
    The minecraft we are playing is monster apocalypse, where the world gets filled with extremly dangerus intelligent monsters, and skeletons with exploding arrows. This is EXTREMLY CPU demanding, most people wont be able to play if they only have laptops. This is a very big problem each time. So it would be nice to use some of my "server power" to solve that.

I have never really played around with any wrappers, so would like to ask you more experienced people about what DX to OpenGL warpper is the most known thers the best to use. And one that even a idiot like me can understand to set up. :steinigung:

I have send these a request for a card in 11x21cm and said about 7 leyers and as cheap as possible, lets see how mutch it will cost. I'm not so clever, so i just try help where i can. It was a free request after all. But again i'll help economic if i can afford.

https://jgarantmc.com/industrial-rad…ction-services/

Worst case scenario is that i have to get another board and kill it by sanding off the layers one by one, and scan them for you to research. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BgUB4KpafY

Eine V5 6000 AGP reloaded und AGP 4x fähig, würde sich zu 100% wie warme Semmeln verkaufen.

Das denke ich auch!

Me too! That would be totally nice! Reverse Engineering a Voodoo5 4500 AGP, to get the pin out for the additional memory. And then design a ADD-on PCB with VRAM to Mount btween the VSA 100 chip and board. But yea, sounds a little crazy maybe.
    But i think that this voodoo2 project is Way more cool, voodoo5 serie cards gets too mutch attention these days. Would be really nice to see this work out. Sadly can't i help mutch. But if you needs experiment boards or economic support for the prototyping. Then just ask :)

Again, really loves your research! :respekt:

Sounds like an intresting thing to check out. Personally i dont think that 66mhz PCI will be any bottlenack, but i dont have anything to base it on. The AGP 4x is after all 4 times faster, even tho thers no agp textureing.
    The bus have always have a little to say. Made the same test with my Titan X.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPUr_ZIBOUU

Anyway, lets find out. Have both a unmodified AGP and PCI card that i can try out with.

------ EDIT --------

RaVeNsClaw

Sorry, you posted your reply whule i wrote mine, so didnt see your response before now. Happy that you like the backplate, if you want one for free just say it. Made two of them, where this second one didnt turn out perfect. But will still look nice and fit, will just have to extend a few of the holes a little bit, but it wont be seen when the screws is in place.

Yes, normally is the PCI interface not a bottleneck. Would also like to do some testing on it, sounds intresting.

Die arme Karte... :( ;(

"Arme karte" yes you are 100% right, and it's kinda sad. This card have ben experimented on it's intire life, the card was one oschar got from a 3Dfx SW engineer and have ben used as experiment board. As you can see, thers also SMD components from a DVI interface. And now after 3dfx went down came it in hands of another psycho who will torture it. But i have ben easy on it, thought about using peltier cooling for it. But didnt do it, even now when i have 5pcs of 40mm peltier elements. Did i keep my nasty hands of it. Condensing ice is not a nice thing for retro hardware.
    But even now when this look sick, i'm only using this card for few minutes at a time, i have had this board for half a year now, and all in all have i only used it for max 30min. Dont want to wear on it. Thats what i have regular cards for. This card is not for gaming, only for experiments and benchmarks.

Some call then prototype chips, others dont. It depends on how you look at it. Yes it a new revision, but mostly seen on the voodoo 5 6000 boards wich says a lot. I prefer to call it prototype, it sounds way more cool. And i'm not the only one who have called it that.
    But again, it depends on how you look at it, cuz it's a completed product. Remember i have read stories about some found them on 5500 cards.

Potato tomato.

Got a modded Voodoo5 5500 card from Osckhar where he have added the protoype rev: 320 VSA100 chips and 128mb memory. The amount of VRAM can be changed to 16/32/64/128mb using jumpers. Not too mutch to say, other than i ofcourse made a backplate for it and added some heatsinks.

Big thanks to Osckhar! :thumbup:

As told in erlier post am i working in two other and way more complicated Voodoo 5500 mods which requires a 3d printer. :bonk:

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/qaWlMzb.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/TE0xjzx.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/juPrlyN.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/F1tQiV2.jpg]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/FUM7ZN5.jpg]

Looks very nice! :respekt:

Loves the fan bracket you made, really clever and nice looking! :thumbup: I really wish a 3d-printer, endless possibilities! I'm okay good at 3d modelling, and have allready crazy plans about a Voodoo 5500 cooler, set together by 3 pices of 3d printed plastic and a centrifugal turbine fan in the back, blowing the air over the heatsinks and out in the front in a pci pracket hole. (made of 3 pices for having 15x15 print size in mind, wich is supported on most printers)

I just need a 3d printer to make experiments on, if i can get this done, will there be many ways for people to get extremly nice looking custom fans real crap, by using heatsinks and a centrifugal turbine fan thers widely available and ofcourse 3d-print wich everybody with a 3d parinter can do.

I'm a big fan of thermal tape, surely not the best when it comes to heat transfer. But i wont use thermally conductive adhesive when it comes to connecting 3 chips together on a copper plate. The plate will always squirm a little bit when temprature changes, cuz of that is hard solid thermally conductive adhesives not a good solution, it can also easy get off the surface on the plate. Then better use some thermal tape, it's sticky and wont let go. It's the same solution TennMax used with their Voodoo2 coolers. I have ben using "akasa" thermal tape for the last years, it's working just fine.

Dont get me wrong, Thermal adhesives can be great for chipsets and vram, so if your just planning on mounting 3 seperate heatsinks on to them, then is adhesive the best way. You could also try to find some more soft and sticky adhesive. The last thing i would do is drilling holes into the PCB. Even tho it would be nice if it some how could work. XD Haha.

Thers two screw holes on the bottom of the Voodoo2 cards, you could use a clip system in the top of the card, and mount it with spring screws in the bottom. But you have to keep in mind that the GENDAC chip is about 0,5 mm higher than the rest of the chips, so you have to avoid it when making the plate. Or use some real thick thermal pads.