Beiträge von Dolenc

8bit is 1byte, 16bit is 2byte, 32bit 4...

so 1600x1200x2(16bit) /1024*2 is 3.66MB

and 1600x1200x4(32bit) is 7.32MB

Just for example 1024x768x32 3MB is and modern 4k 31.6MB.

For storing the rendered image in the buffer. Double buffering increases that 2x(ish).

The rest is available for textures, meshes, shadowmaps, z buffer... so everything you need to actually render it and store it in the buffer.

My point being... Resolution increase... it does increase the requirement somewhat, but its not that terrible when you go beyond 16-32MB cards. Voodoos will bleed their soul out on other fronts way before memory becomes an issue.

But vram is like penis size.. Sure doesnt hurt having more...(well...)

It doesnt matter if its new or used. If an item gets imported it can go through the customs process.

I can send you my card, it will be exported, and when you send it back to me it will be imported again. There are some exceptions, like repairs.

Fuck it, covid was expensive, they need the money :P

Now.. that your package is part of the import process, you(well usually the receiver) need to provide some proof of value, so they know how much to charge you.

They dont really care how valid the value number is, if it really sticks out, they can check on ebay, amazon, wherever and find the cost of the item (in your case harder).

Good approach would be, make a fake invoice, that will at least look like its legit, with some number that makes sense 20-50eur, and they will charge their services + tax on that number. Even better is a money transfer receipt.

When you shipped me one of your cards, I made one transaction with 20eur+shipping or something like that. Just so I had a believable "receipt" of my payment, made a printscreen of paypal transaction, to send to them.

They need something, a number, is the point Im making.

D3d at lower resolutions will always look the crappiest out of 3 apis. "Murky" filtering.

Between glide and opengl it depends on the implementation. Unreal engine games dont have a finished opengl renderer(they do now). Quake engine games only have opengl. Most that have multiple have usually glide+d3d, so no brainer really.

They are available, Im just lazy and havent gotten around to uploading it, its on the to-do list :P. Also planed to document how I build stuff, but same problem, just havent done it so far. Ill do one newer mesa version, then get to this, at least the bare minimum.

The "problem" is also testing if everyone pitches in a bit (no that theres a line of people willing to do so). Glide3 part of the driver is the one that got the most love and even that broke lots of things on win98 that are most likely just compiler related.

Also everyone has its own idea whats needs doing, that part will get tested, with a high chance it break smthing else.

If you read the history of commits, just for glide, some wanted to fix linux, some added 64bit support, lots of focus on winXp(makes sense at that time), some did general fixes, some did code cleanup, that effected the performance a bit. Whatever Koolsmoky pitched-in was amazing(not even kidding)... Its hard to maintain a project like that and guarantee everything will work.

Look your workflow. You jumped in, did some playing around, life got in the way, now you wanna do some more. Thats probably how most (again not that big of a line of people waiting), including me, will approach it.

Yea it all sounds great, have everything in a central repository, well documented and updated build procedures. But you have to be realistic here, the time investment required to do that. And someone dedicated to keep an eye what gets merged.

The most popular itx case currently is probably Cooler master nr200, 18liters. Theres also a "max" version, thats basicly the same case, but with an aio and psu included.

Its popular for a reason, its priced well, its small as a case (although big if you compare it to a botique itx cases), you dont have to use a riser for the gpu, lots of clearence everywhere, color options and so on.

If you go anything smaller and botique, you kinda have to plan every component and it will cost you money, and from your "wishes" you dont seem like you wanna do that.

Also you can check sff reddit for ideas, plenty of cases there.

Some of my pcs

4liter i7 5775c and rx 560

7liter 5800x3d and rtx3060, my main pc

18liter, mAtx, voodoo 5 pc

For the 6k digital out, there are vga to hdmi(or whatever) converters, that work just fine, having a digital out on the card isnt the only option.

Someone just has to test a couple to see how they work with the card and different monitors. And in the end say... buy this one.

First ones good yea, i just remember at the end all those puzzle were starting to be anoying. You play a vampire that got resurected and your main objective is moving boxes!

Soul Reaver 2

Needed to go XP to get widescreen patch going. Performance starting was.. wow 1920x800x32 at 80+fps (v5)... But then later on drops sometimes in the 30fps range. I would play it on win10, cus it has no tech thats "old hardware" specific, but here gamepad doesnt work right. Always something with this old games....

Also never finished SysShock2, thats gonna be next in line!

I remember the game being fairly long, well played a bit more yesterday and its done. Think I played games differently when I was a kid. Looked at every nicely filtered texture, now I just enter a room bang bang, game over.