• Hmm, that's a completely custom PCB. Got beefier VRMs too? I'm also still playing on my RX Vega 64, although only a single game, but still. Currently I'm eagerly anticipating big Navi so I can upgrade my VR headset. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Yea Sapphire Custom redesigned the entire PCB VRM's Mosfets Capacitors everything they literally improved.
    at 100% Load the V64 core temp does not exceed the 71C which is remarkable for a V64 ofl, in games it's mostly gets laod temps of 56 a 58C and really no more, it's the marvel design of all V64's.

Here a nice tear down of the card I am using it's in German so easy for the people of VA to read :)
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/45194-sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-nitro-im-test.html

Here a more detailed review in English

https://www.igorslab.de/en/rx-vega64-custom-card-review-2/2

Here a nice video review of four different Vega 64's,

AMD reference, Sapphire Nitro+, PowerColor Red Devil & ASUS Strixx RX Vega 64 models
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQsFnVDbpw

The Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 is the clear winner.

10 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (27. August 2020 um 08:55)

• And here is an entirely unnecessary and unrelated piece of information: "Amai" (甘い) means "sweet" - as in sugar - in Japanese.

Thank you very much for reading this informational - yet utterly useless - piece of information.

Now carry on, dear gentlemen!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• OKuuaaaayyy :topmodel: Amai is a dialect where I live for oh my lmao :bonk::spitze:
    But yea carry on I guess, I did do something fun even it's always a chore of a fight when I have to install new drivers for my Radeons on the other hands it keeps my mind focused, but then again fora production card it should not have to be such a damn chore and I know NVIDIA gave me a crappy experience as well.

Anyways I managed to get 20.8.3 beta the latest driver to work with the classic GUI! with the the latest Direct3D, Vulkan & OpenCL API updates as well.
    So first I unstalled 20.8.2 Beta, then isntalled 20.8.3 beta via the installer, after that I used DDU to removed the unneeded files, then reinstalled the October 2019 Beta driver 19.10.1 to get the classic GUI back and then updated the WDM drivers for the RX Vega 64 via Device manger with the 20.8.3 beta WDM file and presto:

And here 20.8.3 beta neatly installed, this driver fixed the black screens I kept getting at random times.

And all good <3

it's that I just can't stand the new win 10 like GUI the AMD drivers use, it's always a chore to get drivers installed, and that is the one thing that is really making me go back to EVGA NVIDIA if this doesn't change and such changes are also a strain for me.

Kind of miss doing my BarsWF CUDA x64 Project, so yea time for something else next round, I don't see Intel doing much either with their Xe GPU's rofl :topmodel:

But for now this Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 will do just fine :)
    What would make it easier for me is to get the latest WDM file so I don't have to go through that tiring process over and over again, just update the RX Vega 64 via the Device manager and done that would be the ultimate outcome and solution for me.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (7. September 2020 um 21:48)

• When using the old GUI, wouldn't you miss out on some features? Or can you access everything like normal? Like I dunno.. The video grabber/encoder or the VSR setting for downsampling? Is everything still there without missing feature controls?

I'm not sure if they added anything special in that timeframe...

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• nah it's just the classic GUI I prefer and those things you mentioned I never would use I let my games decide the settings if I want FSAA & AF I mostly set them from the games I play.

the games I Play if it comes to mid-gen to new gen aren't many that are mostly these:

Ascentroid
    Borderlands 3
    Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 4
    OverloadPrimal Carnage: Extinction
    Subnautica: Below Zero
    The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt
    Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Mainly those.

It's mainly that I can't get used to the obscene changes AMD made to their GUI, with the new GUI I personally don';t find it user friendly I am always searching like crazy where something is, the classic GUI is straight forward, it's simple and it's more directive on where something is and should be.

Same as when using Win7 or Win 2K You don't need to go via via via to get somewhere that is extremely frustrating for me to deal with, yet left alone terribly stressing as well.

• [...], with the new GUI I personally don';t find it user friendly [...]

Yeah, well... That's because it just isn't.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg