FalconNic Rocket Launcher

• Member since Sep 12th 2021
  • Last Activity:
Profile Hits
  • FalconNic

Bier.jpg mmmm, yeah, I'm running 1 GB on that board right now (4*256 MB double sided PC100 ECC SDRAM). I guess that's the Max the BX440 chipset can do.

Gold Leader Does anyone have a KT333CE recapped mainboard with an AMD AthlonXP 2700+ with cooler…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader appreciate your feedback and comments regarding my build. The photo does not do it just, because honestly, I tried really hard to keep all cable's away from the front, especially near the v56k. Plenty of airflow there.

Bier.jpg I have the…
  • FalconNic

I tried many many things and it appears that the 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 rev3700a that I have is not happy with the Asus P2B-DS mainboard. Looking further into it and reading the article Gold Leader shared with me earlier, it seems that that's a no-go. Now I…
  • FalconNic

CryptonNite  Bier.jpg  Gold Leader the functioning build is safe (keeper all parts and took photos on how I had it stacked together with all PCI cards and such).

The current build, I already tried removing all PCI cards, reduced the RAM to 512 and…
  • FalconNic

GrandAdmiralThrawn  Chosen_One  CryptonNite and everyone else, I need help with something.

So, I switched from the Asus P3B-F mainboard (working with v56k on bios 1006) to an Asus P2B-DS mainboard with initially bios 1012B. The v56k bios came up and then…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader she's doing great. I have played some Quake openGL version (love the CD audio tracks of the game) and I've enjoyed Unreal and Unreal - Return to Napali so far. I'm planning to play some NFS3 and NFS4 maybe this weekend and I want to install…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader ahhh, Quake II - so much fun. The only non 3dfx cards I've had that were able to do any 3D back then was my Matrox Mystique 220 with 4MB original release and later then the fast clock speed version. I remember it came with a special version…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader your collection certainly also looks awesome. I think we all go crazy about these voodoo cards, because they are filled with so many good memories and joys from our youth (for me this is at least the reason). I don't collect voodoo's for…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader thank you for the lovely photos and the info with edmundoab. I would love to have a more complete history of my card if possible. Thank you for reaching out :)

Stunning collection back then. Really cool the way they are all displayed!
  • FalconNic

DerBiber hehe, das stimmt. Modernes Laptop habe ich schon. Aber anstelle meinen PC ständig auf und abbauen wegen wenig Platz in Wohnung, wollte ich eben sehen ob ich das als Haus PC eben auch benutzen kann. Laptop und PC aufgebaut lassen, habe ich…
  • FalconNic

pawel Hi there and welcome! If you are looking for an actual 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 (any version), it's pretty difficult as of late. Either way you will need some time and money for this journey. I managed to acquire one last year, but it was not easy nor…
  • FalconNic

Bier.jpg Ok, cool. Vielen Dank erst einmal. Werde das mal downloaden und ausprobieren.

In Windows 98SE bin ich mit der v56k sehr glücklich. Ich habe Unreal - Return to Napali mit timedemo und 4x FSAA auf 1024x768 in glide momentan mit avg 91fps, Max…
  • FalconNic

Bier.jpg Hehe, das mit der Voodoo 5 5500 Alternative habe ich mir auch schon überlegt. Als ich mein System zusammen gebaut hatte, hatte ich meine alte Voodoo 5 5500 als "safe card" benutzt. Wollte das erst einmal alles läuft bevor ich die Queen da…
  • FalconNic

DerBiber ja das stimmt, allerdings wäre Windows 7 auf magerer Stufe genug. Eine alte Windows 7 32Bit Version hatte ich mit einem P3 gut (so gut wie möglich) zum laufen gebracht, zusammen mit google chrome (letzte unterstützte Version). Youtube wäre…
  • FalconNic

Tweakstone mmmm, vielen Dank! Ich bin an dem Board interessiert, da es auch onboard SCSI hat und eben die zwei CPU's. Du hast natürlich 100% Recht in Sachen Spiele und Performance, allerdings könnte sich das für das Betriebssystem interessant…
  • FalconNic

Ich hatte dank eurer Hilfe guten Erfolg mit dem Asus P3B-F Mainboard, nachdem ich herunter geflashed hatte. Nun würde ich gerne wissen ob die 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 rev 3700 A auch auf erfolgreich auf einem Asus P2B-DS Mainboard läuft. Also…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader thank you! Trust me, I'm enjoying the card and my build. It's fun to build and run old stuff, especially with legendary hardware such as the v56k. I'm finding much joy and pleasure in revisiting some old games and old Windows OS not on…
  • FalconNic

Gold Leader my card is 1V7J, the card from Edmundo according to the Voodoo list. Not sure who had the card prior to that.

Best
  • FalconNic

• FalconNic

GrandAdmiralThrawn vielen herzlichen dank für die 1006 Bios und deiner Message im Bezug mit dem P3B-F. Mich würde mal interessieren was Asus mit der Bios 1008 geändert hat, denn meine Voodoo 5 5500 AGP lief auf beiden Versionen. Nur die prototype…