• Fragt mich nicht warum, aber seit heute läufts wieder auf UDMA-3 (66), wies sein muss.

Ich habe geändert:

- "EnableUDMA66" aud Registry gelöscht, da es eh nix brachte (eigentlich unlogisch, dasses mit dem net funzt und ohne ja)

- PIO-Mode 4 für die HD im BIOS aktiviert
    und

- HD im BIOS wieder erkennen lassen ( Friday_13th: wenns auf AUTO is, dann scheints garnicht zu wollen...)

So bis jetzt läufts perfekt, bringt im Benchmark sogar etwas mehr Durchsatzrate, als das vorgegebene UDMA66 (Dr. Hardware) und ich kann nur hoffen, dasses jetz dauerhaft so bleibt...

• ok, here my solution for udma support with the miniport driver 3.0.14 on win98 se on a mvp3 board

- first, install 4in1 withOUT ide filter support

- restart in safe mode:
    -regedit the registry , DELETE the complete "hdc" tree (harddisccontroller) in the tree localsystem
    -DELETE ALL drives in hardware view
    - restart in safe mode: install miniport driver
    - restart in normal mode:
    -if NOT lock up -> use ide tool to set up udma mode -> READY

-if LOCK UP: restart in safe mode, regedit the registry, find in the "hdc" tree the branches for first and second ide controller
    find the "UDMA" value and edit the values for all UDMA to "00"
    - restart normal mode:
    - use idetool to set the maximum UDMA level allowed bye cable, drive or controller for ALL DRIVES
    - regedit "hdc" set the "UDMA" values to "01" (in my system only the first controller with the hdds works in UDMA, the 2. not -> set to "00")

- restart in normal mode-> ready

for my system no lock ups any more like in MS drivers and 20% more performance

GOOD LUCK!!!