Posts by Bier.jpg

Gold Leader:

In 2006 the V5 Cards were some old Cards that little people wanted. Like a HD 6870 ore something like that. Yeah you can use it for 3d, but not for our new games. Hey i have upgraded my Grafik Card do you want my old one? I think you could buy a V5 5500 @ 30 Euro or something like that.

There were Tons of Cards on the Market. People have played the Games on their old Systems / Daddys old Computer or something like that. With 15 they got the Voodoo, with 21 they got thier first own money hey letz build a fast system. X1950XTX ...

Now these People are 35, hey i want to play my old Games again.

There was no market at that Time. Some people wanted a Card, they got a Card. 5 Cards on Market, 4 People who want. ---> 800 euro for a Prototype done.

Today there are many people who have some Money and want a Card.

I want a Card since 2008 / 2009 When the lan Time started for me, but i had no Money. Job training, Crappy etc. Now i have the Money. :)

There are about 70 to 80 working V5 6000 out there.

Most People who have Cards, have got them to Game / Collect.

Why sell a rare card, you will never get your hands again on?

Why sell a rare card, you had have a hard time finding?

There is no reason like hey i got a faster card.

So they sell because:

They need Money to feed the Family / Repair the house / get a car to ride to the Job.

I think moste of them sell, because they need the Money.

There are people who gets a Car because somebody dies who has a Card.

They dont Care who gets the Card, they dont know / want to know what is it, they don't care about the Community.

If i find a rare Picasso, i dont Care i dont need it i dont want it ---> sell at max price, get me something other nice.

there is minimum one person who buys/sell the Card for Profit yes. But hey he don't make the Prices.

Today we have many people who wants a Card.

When i need Money to feed my Family, and have no other option then to sell the Card, why would i sell it for 1000 Euro if i could get 2000?

Gold Leader,

there is no Greed, there is only demand and offer.

There are to little Cards on the Market, there are to little cards for everyone who want one.

So why not build more?

And no there are many other Projekts too, Backfire makes a realy good Job. But this is a Thread for Anthony's Work, go to Backfire's Thread when you want to read what he does. This is not a messenger, where you write about everything alltime.

@GoldLeader,

The price is more then Fair!

let me do a little (fully incorrect) Calculation:

150 -200 Euro PCB

50 Euro 4 GPUs

160 - 200 Euro Memory (16 Chips)

150 - 300 Euro the other Parts (plx, Caps, etc)

500 Euro 20h/25 Euro Building / Testing the Card (if that is enough I dont know where you live, here in Germany you would get payed much more for that kind of work)

1250 - 1300 Euro Building one Card alone without the Engineering, Prototyping etc.

Do never ever come again with that low Price. I dont know how many hours of work he has put in that. but its much more then he could ever get back.

yes only People with a decent Job, and a little Money can buy these Cards. There you are right.

But the Price is much better then a original v5 6k.

I dont care, if it is a original Card or a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWLElJCi60

PCI gives you Freedom, more Bords, more supported Platforms, no less Power.

I just want to use it for GAMES!!!

Anthony

The most Mainboards out of that Time comes with one PCI Bus.

PCI 32bit/33mhz with c.a. 133mb/s (real less)

PCI -> IDE/SCSI Controller, Gigabit Lan, USB 2.0, Sound.

Go on a LAN Party (after Corona / H5N8) and play some Games with Friends.

Copy a game to the local disk and play at the same time ---> you are out with a PCI Card ;)

The normal PCI is full. A PCI-X @ 32bit/66 mhz Slots gives you 266mb/s for your GPUs.

Even if you use more then one Slot, there is enough space for everyone ;)

*off topic moved to another Tread*

PCI gives you Freedom, more Bords, more supported Platforms, no less Power.

I just want to use it for GAMES!!!

Anthony

The most Mainboards out of that Time comes with one PCI Bus.

PCI 32bit/33mhz with c.a. 133mb/s (real less)

PCI -> IDE/SCSI Controller, Gigabit Lan, USB 2.0, Sound.

Go on a LAN Party (after Corona / H5N8) and play some Games with Friends.

Copy a game to the local disk and play at the same time ---> you are out with a PCI Card ;)

The normal PCI is full. A PCI-X @ 32bit/66 mhz Slots gives you 266mb/s for your GPUs.

Even if you use more then one Slot, there is enough space for everyone ;)

I have 4 VSA100 320 we could use for my card. :)

Sorry my English is not the Best.

If you build the Card with the Universal PCI Slot, it would be possible to put it in every PCI/PCI-x Slot. 32bit/33mhz, 64bit/33mhz, 64bit/66mhz, 64bit/100mhz, 64bit/133mhz. Does the VSA100 and your bridge Chip handle a 100 or 133mhz PCI Slot?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/w…mmons/1/15/PCI_Keying.svg

Ok i think a 66mhz PCI Slot will be the safe way to go about it.

I like your Card and i want one. 200mhz / 256 mb would be realy nice.

Im not indepth with the Electrics, but is the PSU enough? It would be bad, if the Card would be killed because it gets some wrong Voltages ....

Maybe i want to test some Bios for the V5 6k, and i want to have the possibilität to swap the Chip on a missflash/ take a extern writer to fix the chip.

https://3dfxbios.cl-rahden.de/index.php?title=Voodoo5

Hallo,

ich möchte 2 Themen ansprechen, und eure Gedanken dazu hören. Ich habe hier einiges an alten Systemen, wo die Netzteile doch schon recht alt sind. Da ich bei einigen festgestellt habe, dass die Kondensatoren sich wölben (NTs aus dem System genommen) Ist jetzt meine Überlegung, was verbaut man am besten stattdessen. Ich habe 2 Enermax NTs von Backfire überholen lassen. Sowie ein Tagan geht demnächst zu Löschzwerg um die Kondensatoren zu tauschen.

Allerdings habe ich noch einige Netzteile im Einsatz wo eine Reparatur sich nicht wirklich rechnet.

Nun müssen also neue NTs her. Und hier lässt der Markt uns aktuell wenig Optionen:

1. Low Quality NTs mit 200-300 Watt.

2. Netzteile ab 500 Watt mit einer menge PCI-E und Sata Steckern.

3. Pico PSUs

Ein LowQuality NT möchte ich an sich nicht Riskieren, wenn ich da Hardware dran hänge welche zwar alt aber doch nicht ganz billig ist. Ich hätte schon gerne alle Schutzschaltungen, mindestens 80plus Wirkungsgrad etc.

Die Modernen Netzteile mit 500 Watt plus sind auch nicht grade Hilfreich. Will man an einen PC, welcher 90 bis 150 Watt unter Last zieht ein 550 Watt NT einbauen? mit 8 Sata, 2 pci-e, und kaum 5,25 / floppy Steckern? Das ist doch recht sinn befreit. Teures NT und Tonnenweise Adapter dran anschließen.

Bleiben noch die Pico PSUs

Diese wirken mir nicht wirklich Qualitativ hochwertig. Haben allerdings meistens 1 bis 2 5,25 und einen Floppy sowie eine Eingangsspannung von 12 - 25 Volt. Ich bin echt versucht ein System mit so einem Netzteil auszustatten. Ich mein ein Pentium 3 braucht etwa 30 Watt und wenn man eine Voodoo 3 3000 oder so einsetzt, kann man ein schönes leises passiv gekühltes System aufbauen. An dieser Stelle ist es halt eine Frage der Zuverlässigkeit.

Was macht ihr aktuell?