V5 PCI Mac in PCI-X Slot @ PCI-32 Bit 66Mhz Mode, it works, as does the DVI-D, But not optimally

• Hey all, thanks to some helpful idea's from Anthony I Decided to use my V5 PCI Mac in my Dual AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 in it's main PCI-X 100Mhz slot set to 32 Bit PCI witha bus of 66Mhz, so basically it should perform like a 5500 AGP.

So I did install XP Pro USA x86 + SP3, it's 32GB ram is useless with this OS but for testing the V5 PCI Mac with games this OS can work, although I would prefer XP x64 + SP3 or what ever SP that one has and go from there in stead but that is for a later time, can't have everything either.
    Here the system with the V5 PCI mac installed and yea I did remove the Nitro+ R9 Fury, just to have less unwanted parts in the system:

But when running OpenGVS or Descent 2 I didn't notice any performance difference from when using the AthlonXP 2200+ with it's EP-8K7A+ with 33Mhz 32Bit PCI when comparing to the Dual 6 core OpteronDP 2435 D0 with it's Supermicro H8DAE-2 and it's PCIX-100Mhz Slot set to 32Bit PCI with a 66Mhz bus.

UT GOTYE 1999 with Deck 16 is next, not sure why it's running as slow as the AthlonXP, as if the card is using a 33Mhz Bus even the Bus is set to 66Mhz.
    it's also the first time I am trying this out so far it has been a pointless ride, well performance wise, so far it's all the same as with the AthlonXP 2200+.
    oh yea the system also seems to boot fine when using the DVI-D as well.

Both PCI-X slots support PCI-X 66Mhz & PCI 66Mhz I used that second option which is 32Bit PCI mode with 66Mhz Bus support:

I got this from the pdf file for the manual of the Supermicro H8DAE-2.

• Gold Leader 24. Februar 2022 um 05:26

Hat den Titel des Themas von „V5 PCI Mac in PCI X 100Mhz Slot @ PCI 32 Bit 66Mhz Yea it works as does the DVI-D :)“ zu „V5 PCI Mac in PCI-X Slot @ PCI-32 Bit 66Mhz Mode, it works, as does the DVI-D, But not optimally“ geändert.
  • seems like I'll be going back to Win7 Pro x64 + SP1 this isn't working at all network keeps going to not responding Then again this system I used mostly for my Minecraft Server & Converting raw AVi files to Mpeg4.

FSX runs fine on it as do older games for Win X64, the V5 PCI Mac is going back in the AthlonXP 2200+ sigh.

To be honest I don't really seem to have patience for these things, if things don't work I just lose my mind and now I have regrets on doing this, I should of kept the system as it was and all would of been fine.

UT GOTYE 4.36 does 100 a 123 fps same amount I get with the AlthlonXP 2200+.
    no difference at all.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (24. Februar 2022 um 07:12)

• All is back to normal the V5 PCI mac is back in the AthlonXP 2200+ where it belongs and the R9 Fury is back in the Dual 2435, changes are an utter pain for me to deal with it fights my autism like crazy, these aren't things I like doing anymore too damn stressing.

From now on I won't take part of such things it only ends in piles of unwanted stress, left alone I can barely move about my arthritis slows me down a lot and such things are just painful.
    As for this thread feel free to leave your replies, it has ended for me here, back to using my Athlon XP 2200+ for my 3dfx needs, that system is perfect for the job.