Beiträge von Gold Leader

Any of you remember System Shock 1 & 2? Well it's time to get psyched for System Shock 3 which will be rendered with Unity Engine:

System Shock 3 is coming:

https://www.altchar.com/games-news/591452/system-shock-3-first-trailer-and-screenshots-released

Here a video preview of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j--cFOyeT7E

The reason I post this here, is that System Shock 1 & 2 had glide patches, and if those have new gen systems this new version may seem scary and attractive enough to try out [Blockierte Grafik: https://static.xx.fbcdn.net/images/emoji.php/v9/ta5/1.5/16/1f642.png]:)

That thing in the preview video freak the shit out of me lmao xD

After seeing it I was like --> nope Nope NOPE 8|:/:topmodel:

Let's hope it also takes use of Vulkan API.

Good news I found out the seller of this card at x-3dfx I have muted the member named Erik J.A., after they messaged me and asked me if they should close the auction the auction is closed so that is the good side, but the downside is that well lets hope no one else tries out such insane amounts even for 5 or 9K USD for a Voodoo5 6000 Rev.A 3700 the fact is the value of the Voodoo5 6000 Rev.A 3700 could get influenced from this act of insanity.

After this post I will get in contact with the owner of VA and send the evidence to him so none of you here at VA will have to deal with such situations.

But the good news the Auction has been disabled! so i did manage something today :topmodel:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3dfx-…true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
    In the end I will always find out such types :saint:

Greetings Obi Wan Kenobi,
    Admin of x-3dfx community @ Facebook.

that seller on ebay gives the perfect wrong example to where 3dfx collecting is leading... they don't see it for the hardware it is but as a piece of fuck'n platinum or something...
    I call that seller the cunt of capitalism and that is just mildly said..

Such people I will never help left alone any buyer that pay such a large amount for such a card won't get my aid either, at x-3dfx we disgust such actions.
    Just an other disappointment for all serious 3dfx card collectors alike.

Hey all :)

If any of you are seeking a cool Overload League there is the Overload Teams League aka OTL for short :)

Check 'em out here:

http://otl.gg/

The OTL was founded by my friend roncli:respekt:

This league will give it's players a very competitive gameplay within the game Overload, in forms of competitions to tourneys and just fun games alike

You can join the OTL here view their discord:

http://otl.gg/discord

At the OTL we are always looking for new players, players can also make their own squadrons just as long they consist of 2 or more players.

This gives the player more freedom as well.

Overload is made by Revival Productions, which is based of the same developers that made the original Descent & Freespace series as Parallax Software & Volition Software.

Hereby I hope to see many more new members and I hope it's okay for me to make this thread here.

Well I made some new ones after enabling all the buildable items in creative mode and I gotta test that as well, somethings weren't great the Bio reactor being green or the color pallets on the Seamoth would go black minor things like that, to fix such things is a game restart in most casses.

Eventho the Seamoth will be replaced with the Seatruck that to which also replaces the Cyclops submarine as a multi purpose deep sea transport and mobile base.

Anyways here some pics of my underwater home named ECHO BASE, as I made it more dressed:

Here some pics I took under the ice sheets and icebergs

Here more about the Seatruck:
    https://progameguides.com/subn…elow-zero-seatruck-guide/

It's also uncertain if the Seamoth will be fully replaced by the Seatruck or not.
    I'll keep you guys updated on how that progresses as well.

I test it 6 to 9 hours a day, yet some days I take breaks, due to my unstable illness issues I am dealing with atm
    So far I am loving Below Zero sometimes I make 20+ bug reports per day, which is good I really want this game to be clean before the release :)

Final release is due in October of 2019, but they don't have an accurate release date yet, it can always be delayed as well so keep in mind that it can be 1 month earlier or later.

us testers get updates every 2 weeks, every 1rst day of the month we get a major update and 2 weeks prior to that a mini update, so the devs are doing heir best to get things sorted out, many fixes made were from bug reports I sent in, so they are doing what devs do best.

There is a fake Voodoo5 6000 Rev.A2 2600 on ebay I am thinking it's one of @ketfri8002's cards heh.

Okay off topic or not I am not caring enough for that right now.

@Rottentreats

Can you please leave this place alone for once?

You have nothing to seek here, and pestering the people here won't make you any better.

The only one being immature is you, for constantly pelting this forum and harassing these people.

It's best you leave it behind and leave these people be and move along, unless you seem to be lonely and only can feed on a on others by grieving them..

That is all I am seeing here.

--------------------------------------------------------

Also I am asking for DerBiber to stop spamming and amusing me for such low minded thoughts, for thing I'd never do here, I really have no time for such acts :rolleyes:

Got nothing to prove? don't assume it, say nothing keep it to yourself thanks and leave me alone, I say it kindly now, but I will be less kind next time, I will simply report you for harassment.

And besides I would never come here to harass people, most people did not do me wrong here, I also been a member of VA for far too long to even reach such low levels of maturity.
    --------------------------------------------------------

What I have been doing is being very busy with my own communities that are not even connected to VA and that is going just fine, plus they are drama free as well.

Cheers!:)

These were my 6 best 3dfx ES boards:

3dfx Velocity 200 AGP 16MB Rev.A0 2699
    3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP x4 32MB Rev.A0 3700 (1st card)
    3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI_DVI 64MB Rev.A1 2900
    3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 + Late Voodoo Volts Rev.A 0030

And later these two beauties:

3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP x4 32MB Rev.A0 3700 (2nd card)
    3dfx Voodoo5 5000 PCI 32MB Rev.A1 0900

Sold them mostly to good fellas, people I knew well, just a shame about that Murfisor bloke though..
    If you seek more info of the Voodoo5 6000 Owners seek my thread here at EVGA:

https://forums.evga.com/3dfx-V…ies-m2185131.aspx#2185131

That topic has the latest version of my Voodoo5 6000 owners list, may come in handy to contact other Voodoo5 6000owners that did not post their S/N's for this thread.

Although I am not sure if they all still have their cards some do but yeah all a matter of finding out I'd reckon.

Hmm I see well I'd do what I can old friend, omega_supreme is a close friend of mine he has all revisions except 3700 he has the following cards

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. 4999-41 2x2 Comdex Board from 1999 from (Gdonovan, before him from FalonFly and before him from Nd4SpdSe before him from Clay Woodson)

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A0 0700 ( from an ex-3dfx Engineer, dunno the name, non functional, but fixable))
    3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A1 1500 (Nd4SpdSe's old card, this one is defect, Diodes CR1 & CR2 burnt out)
    3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A1 1500 (Working card, no idea from who, I can ask, could be most likely from Clay Woodson, but I can ask about it , see what I can find)

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A2 2600 ( From an ex-3dfx Enginee, dunno the name)
    3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A3 3400 ( From Hank Semenec, also repaired by hank Semenec)

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev. A 3900 (from HankSemenec)

As for the S/N number would that refer to the U503 chip on the rear? Or the Serial Number?
    I have plenty pf photo's of my old Rev.A 3700 if you can point out exactly what you seek I may be of more aid :)
    Here my old gallery:
    http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/3…-Voodoo-Volts-Rev-A-0030/

Anyways I hope I can help out more with this, even it has been a long time, i would have no idea who has what since I touched the lists for the last time somewhere in 2009 rofl

But yeah I can ask around for sure and I already made a call out at x-3dfx, I also recently became co-owner & Senior admin at x-3dfx, I decided to return and help out with various 3dfx projects :)

ugh... why am I in that list if I may ask???

Everyone knows that my card was sold to one Murfisor guy... not something I prefer to be reminded of... the previous owner of my card was Hank Semenec himself my card was brand new and never used, Hank did the PCI-Rework and Gary tested it and applied the internal power hookup.

But If you are going to make a list, it would make more sense to make a list of all the current Voodoo5 6000 owners... then adding TM .. heh good luck with that I guess... that is one of many reasons I never bothered.

Some cards I do know the previous owners of, heck I had contact with all Voodoo5 6000 owners from 2005 to 2011 I believe that was.

Previous owner of Erik's card was one Spaniard by the name of Markus if you were wondering.

Klar, kann ich gerne machen. Ich schaue mal zu Hause nach nächste Woche. Ich hab mal ne Archiv-CD mit allem Sammelzeug erstellt. Es waren insgesamt mehr Karten. Ich hatte immer nur Angst, sie könnten in meinen Händen kaputt gehen, weiß ich noch.

Aber ganz ehrlich, der wahre Hingucker war doch die Aalchemy 8164. Ich hab nie ganz verstanden, warum die bei Ebay damals immer für ne verhältnismaßig schmale Mark wegging. Ist vielleicht wie bei Schallplatten, denk ich mir. Heißt nicht Voodoo und steht nicht "not for resale" drauf.

I don't sell any part of my collection that perfectly fits into a 10x10 framebox in my office. But I recently found an original 3dfx promo shirt with a spanish slogan on the back while tidying up. It won't quite fit into it... ;)

You should return the tags to their rightful owners, was rather a lame thing to do man.

Well I've always been a radeon guy I'm just glad I have an AMD GPU for everything just brilliant the image quality is amazing as well, nothing to complain for, I just make time and do it ya know :)

As for Descent I played D1 since October 24, 1994 and D2 since May 01, 1995 not something I ca't stop playing the dmdb offers many new missions and maps to play, those games never bore me :)

And running them at 4K with 200fps avr is plain funny :topmodel:

Ah right well I can understand :)
    Mostly I take use of AMD VSR 2560x1600 every game I run and so far it Vega 64 does considerably well with everything maxed out, via ingame settings of course.

Here some screenshots I took of the games I am currently playing

VSR 2560x1600x32:

Borderlands 2:

Just Cause 3:

Beasts of Bermuda:

Overload:

VSR 3840x2400x32 only these so far:

Beasts of Bermuda:

Descent 1 with DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 + D1X Retro 1.3

Descent2 with DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 + D2X Retro 1.3a

8GB is small when dealing with 4K & 5K reso's textures can fill up quite rapidly especially when taking use of VSR, the GPU takes use of supersampeling to simulate the higher reso your monitor actually doesn't support nativily.

NVIDIA has a similar dea they use DSR meaning Display Super Resolution, works very similar yet they lack HBCC.
    Vega 64 also uses an updated version of HSR what is referred to Hidden Shader Removal. some of you Voodoo5 users would know exactly what I mean on how this works, it only renders on what you see, everything under the map is left out, thereby saving lots of performance for other things.

Vega is very underestimated and undiscovered imo, it's design is quite unique from everything else, even it's a lot like how Fiji worked the chip that was used for the R9 Fury series.

Here a nice test explaining what happens when you take use of HBCC with a RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2:
    https://techgage.com/article/a-look-at-amd-radeon-vega-hbcc/

this video shows ho much VRAM is actually used with & without HBCC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMOGNYKqhN8

Rx Vega 64 OC specs:

HBCC ON @ 12GB Vram
    +20% Power Limit
    Default Core Clocks
    +85 MHz to HBM2 Samsung Memory
    No Undervolt

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    i7 7700k@4500Mhz
    Corsair 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz
    Asus Prime Z270-A
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB & 1TB
    2x Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    EVGA 750 G2 Power Supply
    Radeon Software 17.10.1

So cool we have the same GPU now hah

:topmodel:

Hmm yeah that would be very welcoming actually :)
    if using Win 10 or Server 2016 you should try out HBCC aka High Bandwidth Cache Control this can really up your performance as well when using Vega based GPU's.

Hmm I can understand that tbh :)
    I too ran NV for years, Quad SLI EVGA GTX 295 RE's, 2-Way SLI EVGA GTX 480's 580 SC 1.5GB's, 680 SC Sig 2GB's and the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2.

It's that I missed my Radeon's tbh, yet mainly their image quality was so important to me as well as drivers, they are really well made.

The AMD Driver cleaner and DDU in combination, after that reboot and install your new drivers, after reboot and done it's much less work as well.

NV gave me serious driver issues my 1080 camped with the black screen of Death issue as well during bootup and when surfing the web, if I'd use drivers older than 384.94 it would not happen but every driver after it I'd get it again, it was really driver based and not hardware based.
    This is the error message I would get after the black screens:

Fact is I won't accept such continuous issues for a card of 680 euros .... The EVGA 1080 FTW2 I had, I had about 1 year and camped with these issues for about 5 months, then I just sold it to someone else simply I was done with NV's careless customer service and low quality drivers.

The moment I went AMD Radeons all my issues were gone everything just works without any fuss'n about.
    And I know AMD's drivers can be buggy as well, but I just make proper bug reports and they always get back to me with useful solutions.

I mostly game at AMD VSR 2560x1600 now my native reso is 1920x1200, I use a HP ZR24w 24" 16:10 HS-IPS panel.
    3840x2400x32 I mainly sue for DXX-Rebirth with Descent 1 & 2.

Games that use UE4 & Froistbite run great at 2400p with VSR games that use Unity & CryEngine are fine at 1600p well from my end anyway.
    Radeon VII aka Vega II should make 2400p more doable I am thinking.

Yes of course, I get that, I can truly understand why you went for the blower design, all due to your compact and cramped case design, a blower design makes most sense.

Yet for my Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B the Sapphire Nitro RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 was the best solution

Thanks to Vapor-X chamber cooling my GPU doesn't exceed 55C at max load, my GPU runs currently at 1630Mhz max OC is 1760Mhz, with those speeds beating a 1080 Ti / RTX 2080 is a like a milk run.

But since everything I do runs fine to what I want it to do, I never bothered.
    my card has a hand picked GPU which is best of batch and a fully redesigned PCB makes the Nitro LE 2.0 the best Vega 64 on the market, good airflow will push the hot air out of the case anyways.

And you enjoying Vega 64 so far?

Radeon VII aka Vega II has the following specs GAT :)

3840 GCN 5.1 Cores
    240 TMU's
    64 ROPS
    60 CU's
    16GB 4096Bit Quad Stack HBM2

Go here for details of the Vega 20 GPU of the Radeon VII:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-vii.c3358

Here the Radeon Instinct MI60 to give you the specs of a fully fledged Vega 20 GPU:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gp…adeon-instinct-mi60.c3233

There is going to be a fully fledged version of the Vega 20 GPU which will either be a water cooled card a limited edition or maybe even a separate release as in Radeon VII +
    No idea on the name but something like that is going to happen.

Once the drivers get mature the Radeon VII will at least be 40 to 50% faster than Vega 64 and 25 to 30% faster than RTX 2080 easily, do keep in mind the drivers used to test it on that preview were alpha drivers so this card has way more potential to give.
    Here the results of what these alpha drivers did for the Radeon VII aka Vega II
    https://www.pcper.com/news/Gra…rds/Radeon-VII-Benchmarks

Fallout 76 shows a performance boost of 68% that is pretty insane, imagine if all games were fully optimized with an optimized driver set for this card, trust me you will see even larger gains...

Currently Vega 56's & Vega 64's are beating GTX 1080's in most game titles all thanks to proper driver optimization, as you can see here:
    https://www.tomshardware.com/r…ing-oc-review,5441-3.html

It has improved over time, here an other review shows different numbers due to the different games being tested:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/arti…x-vega-64-benchmarks-7001

The constant flow of driver updates have surely smoothed out most issues.
    The Vega 64 I use now is the best Vega 64 on the market even out besting the Vega 64 LC, it's this one:

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 8GB 2048 bit HBM2:

the 2.0 has 2x 8 pins instead of 3x 8 pins for power feed and it's GPU speed is 1630Mhz instead of 1611 Mhz.

So it does have slight improvements here and there, it's the card Tweaktown had a sneak preview of:

Here the card in my system:

So far it runs better than the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 I had before it thanks to driver improvements in some Vulkan games I have here it's about 27% faster, on other games it's about 15% faster overall not too shabby for a Vega 64 :)
    Here a detailed review of my card, well the older LE 1.0 card with 3x 8 pins for power feed:
    https://www.pcworld.com/articl…55P0oIO-FPffpG1-WEP_3JyII

"If you’re willing to spend the money to achieve high-end Radeon ecosystem nirvana, then the astonishingly cool, impressively quiet Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 64 Limited Edition will give you the best Vega 64 experience possible. It’s much better than the liquid-cooled Vega 64."