Posts by Gold Leader

All good bud and it's mainly about function and the high quality parts they crave which is why I love them, their fans rarely turn on even when gaming these Nitro's make sure my GPU temp always stays around 56 a 60C and they are not noisy at all either, just very pleasant hardware to work with very easy to clean as well :)

I bought these mainly for the lifespan they will give my systems and the games I play are not even demanding for the R9 Fury so as that goes the RX 580 & RX Vega 64 will do just as fine.

So the plan now is that every time I upgrade the slowest cards ends in the VGA table in the living room, a slow process for now, but that too can change I guess xD :toopmodel: Just til the collecting vibe kicks in in the sense of damn I gotta get more of these things, even though I am trying to avoid that addiction, just not great for my mental health, it's what lead me to my depression from last time, just the hoarding it's self.

So I take it slowly this time and yea we'll see where this collection gets me to :)

Hey all :)

I hope everyone is doing okay during these strange times, anyways here's something new from my end this time, it seems that I am getting the interests on collecting Graphics cards again, currently I have these:

So here my main card and my fastest one:

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 PCI-E 8GB 2048Bit HBM2

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 Special Edition PCI-E 8GB 256Bit GDDR5

Sapphire Nitro+ OC Radeon R9 Fury PCI-E 4GB 4096Bit HBM

AMD R900 Antilles Preview Board PCI-E 4GB 512Bit GDDR5
    (In practical 2x 2GB 256Bit GDDR5) aka AMD Radeon HD 6990

3dfx Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP 16MB Rev.A 3199 Boxed EUR

And there you have them so far :)

nah it's just the classic GUI I prefer and those things you mentioned I never would use I let my games decide the settings if I want FSAA & AF I mostly set them from the games I play.

the games I Play if it comes to mid-gen to new gen aren't many that are mostly these:

Ascentroid
    Borderlands 3
    Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 4
    OverloadPrimal Carnage: Extinction
    Subnautica: Below Zero
    The Witcher III: The Wild Hunt
    Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Mainly those.

It's mainly that I can't get used to the obscene changes AMD made to their GUI, with the new GUI I personally don';t find it user friendly I am always searching like crazy where something is, the classic GUI is straight forward, it's simple and it's more directive on where something is and should be.

Same as when using Win7 or Win 2K You don't need to go via via via to get somewhere that is extremely frustrating for me to deal with, yet left alone terribly stressing as well.

OKuuaaaayyy :topmodel: Amai is a dialect where I live for oh my lmao :bonk::spitze:
    But yea carry on I guess, I did do something fun even it's always a chore of a fight when I have to install new drivers for my Radeons on the other hands it keeps my mind focused, but then again fora production card it should not have to be such a damn chore and I know NVIDIA gave me a crappy experience as well.

Anyways I managed to get 20.8.3 beta the latest driver to work with the classic GUI! with the the latest Direct3D, Vulkan & OpenCL API updates as well.
    So first I unstalled 20.8.2 Beta, then isntalled 20.8.3 beta via the installer, after that I used DDU to removed the unneeded files, then reinstalled the October 2019 Beta driver 19.10.1 to get the classic GUI back and then updated the WDM drivers for the RX Vega 64 via Device manger with the 20.8.3 beta WDM file and presto:

And here 20.8.3 beta neatly installed, this driver fixed the black screens I kept getting at random times.

And all good <3

it's that I just can't stand the new win 10 like GUI the AMD drivers use, it's always a chore to get drivers installed, and that is the one thing that is really making me go back to EVGA NVIDIA if this doesn't change and such changes are also a strain for me.

Kind of miss doing my BarsWF CUDA x64 Project, so yea time for something else next round, I don't see Intel doing much either with their Xe GPU's rofl :topmodel:

But for now this Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 will do just fine :)
    What would make it easier for me is to get the latest WDM file so I don't have to go through that tiring process over and over again, just update the RX Vega 64 via the Device manager and done that would be the ultimate outcome and solution for me.

Yea Sapphire Custom redesigned the entire PCB VRM's Mosfets Capacitors everything they literally improved.
    at 100% Load the V64 core temp does not exceed the 71C which is remarkable for a V64 ofl, in games it's mostly gets laod temps of 56 a 58C and really no more, it's the marvel design of all V64's.

Here a nice tear down of the card I am using it's in German so easy for the people of VA to read :)
    https://www.hardwareluxx.de/index.php/artikel/hardware/grafikkarten/45194-sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-64-nitro-im-test.html

Here a more detailed review in English

https://www.igorslab.de/en/rx-vega64-custom-card-review-2/2

Here a nice video review of four different Vega 64's,

AMD reference, Sapphire Nitro+, PowerColor Red Devil & ASUS Strixx RX Vega 64 models
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQsFnVDbpw

The Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 is the clear winner.

Today I also decided to clean my Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64 VGA card, the heatsink was very clean the fans had light amounts of dust on the udnerside of the fan blade but for 2 years of usage the card was very clean!

Here pics of the card in it's cleaned state:

This card is pretty massive, being a 2.75 slot card and a card length of 400mm, yeahj she ain't small that be truth.
    And that made me realize that for a moment :topmodel: Even by holding such a high quality built and redesigned Nitro+ RX Vega 64 in my hands, it still felt amazing, this card has brought me lots of joy tbh, its the best VGA card I used since the Sapphire Radeon R9 290X.

Here the outputs on the card 2x Display Port 1.4b & 2x HDMI 2.1a

Here some angled rear shots of this behemoth of beauty <3

Here the 20.8.2 beta drivers that I managed to install with the classic and better looking control panel under Win7 Pro x64 + SP1 UK of course :)

And there you have it :)

Two days ago I bought a new SSD for my games and storage for my main system :)
    it's a Micron Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, and the Corsair Force 3 240GB is my C Drive and that was the SSD I used for the past 6 years, since games are getting bigger as well as Simulations and other things I Needed something beefy, and I know 1TB units are cheaper things is I only have space for 2 extra SSD's and 2TB was the minimum of space I wanted so I gave out some little extra and went for the best 2TB SSD I could get for my budget of 2250 euros, I paid 219 Eur incl shipping and yea Netherlands is never cheap but the service of Megekko is damn good that be true :)

So here is what I had to do to get this 2TB SSD in to my system:
    It was kind of a pain to get in so I used a 5,25 to 3.5 incl convertor tray and in there a SSD tray that converts from 3.5 to 2.5 inches and voila it fits

Cable management in this Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B is a nightmare since it's a design case and around 200were made it has some flaws here and there but for us tweakers all have our ways around such things right :tomodel: As for the 2nd picture that shows the covers I placed to coverup the cable mess and yea I did remove that dust at the bottom :saint:
    It's that I just made the shot before that lmao :bonk::topmodel:

After placing them covers back to place I cleaned this side as well and then applied the side panel to secure this part of the system:

Then I Decided to clean the front filter and the three 140mil fans , yes their blades from both sides of course :)

As the left image shows, you can slide in the filter in and out from top side, it's really a handy thought that Lian put to mind with this.

So even being a design case, Lian Li did do some helpful idea's with this case, the Lian Li TYR PC_X2000F was the actual production model of this case it has lots of fixes but one thing the F model lacks over the B model is no triple heatzone design, also cleaned the PC side of the case, the second image also shows the three heatzones this case has.

Zone 1 is for IO & PSU

Zone 2 is Mainboard & Cards

Zone 3 is for HDD's & Storage

Current System name & specs:

Valkyrie SMP 2014

2x 12 Core AMD OpteronMP 6180 SE D1 Mangy Cours, 24 Cores @ 2.5Ghz

2x Noctua NH-U9D0 A3

48GB NUMA Quad Channel DDR3-1600 ECC Reg HP Server Ram @ 1333Mhz

Supermicro H8DG6-F AMD Maranello Blade Server Chipset 2x AMD SR5690 Northbridges,1x AMD SP5100 Southbridge

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 2048 Bit HBM2

Auzentech X-Fi Bravura PCi-E 7.1

Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD

Micron Crucial MX500 2TB SSD

Plextor PX-B950SA BR-RW Drive, Singlelayer & Duallayer BR-RW + Lite Scribe

2x Intel 1000 MBit Ethernet RJ45 Lan Jacks

SeaSonic PlatinumX 1000 Watt EPS 12V + 24V PSU

Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B Server Design Case 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

Lian Li W-X2000-B Window Kit 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

Hewlett Packard ZR24w 24" 16:10 Aspect Ratio HS-IPS Panel

AMD VSR @ 2560x1600x32 @ 60Hz

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 UK + Service Pack 01

AMD Adrenalin 20.8.2 Beta for Win7x64

And here the final pics of this system, it's been 6 years and 4 months of reliable service and that I hope to expand for an other 4 to 6 years from this point :)

the games I host this system gets the job done just fine.

Rainbow mode enabled for that Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64, always something I loved of the card external looks <3

Fantastic build there man, bet that Rad 7 is getting all the rendering horsepower it can get in that build :)

Love it man <3

I recently did a nice build for my cousin, his first pC too:

SPRINGGOLD

12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

2x 8GB G.Skill Rippjaws DDR4 3200Mhz

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT PCI-E 8GB 256Bit GDDR6

Crucial 500GB NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD (Main drive)

Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD 7200 rpm (Storage)

Cooler Master ATX Case, dunno the name lal it has tinted glass foer the windokit

Corsair 750 Watt Gold Modular PSU

24" 144Hz AOC gaming Monitor

But yeah runs great, his OS on the other hand is Win 10 Pro x64 NL, a Dutch version and yea this is worse than the English version, not a fan of Win10 and I'll never will be, it's ultimate garbage, also I was constantly translating in my mind what everything is, from Dutch to English, sigh.. what a fucking chore, just chanceless

Anyways still using Win 7 here and I still will be even if support has ended, not caring much tbh, even that some say Win 10 Enterprise is the way the go, just not something I am going to look in to, anyone have an idea how the server operating systems are of MS?

Are they a chore like Win 10 as well?
    Anyways the system it's self is nice it runs everything maxed out without worries at 1080p & 144p ( if using AMD VSR)
    The name Springgold is a tulip type his dad loves most and he kind of stuck with that name for the PC name as well.

The Nitro+ RX 5700 XT is truly masterful tho, bloody amazing VGA card that is.
    Ah well I'll see what I'll do and I know I will ave to move over toWin10 Enterprise at some point, just not now, all the Microsoft account bollocks you have to go through, just the idea of installing an OS isn't as easy as it was nothing is straightforward everything has just become more and more stupid.

/end rant.

Maniac81 All Lian Li here too man :respekt:

It's very cool to see you have the Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B as well, a very rare case this one! :spitze:
    Here all my builds, I really have to dust them out tomorrow :topmodel:

Welcome to CLUBNET

At night my Star Wars Starfighter collection & ceiling is Blue-Green!

On the desk from left to right:

Blue-Leader SMP 2009

2x 6 Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 Istanbul CPU's, 12 Cores @ 2.6Ghz

2x ASUS Triton 70's

Supermicro H8DAE-2 NVIDIA NForce 3600 Pro, MCP 550 Pro & IO55

32GB NUMA Dual Channel DDR2-800 HP/Kingston Server RamECC Reg

Supermicro SIM LP-B IPMI 2.0 16MB Card Rev.3.01 0907

Sapphire Nitro+ OC Radeon R9 Fury PCI-E 4096 Bit HBM

Realtek ALC883 7.1 OnBoard HD Audio

1x Intel 320 SSD 120GB/64MB Cache Boot Disk [Upgrade on The Way]

Plextor PX-820A Dual Layer DVD Re-Writer 12x/8x UATA-133

4x Western Digital 500GB/32MB Cache Raid Edition3 24/7 Series in RAID 0 1.81TB Storage Disk

2x Broadcom 1000 MBit Ethernet RJ45 Lan Jacks

Antec True Power Quatto 1000 Watt EPS12V + 2.3V

Lian Li PC-A7010 Black Server Case

Lian Li W-75BP Side Window Panel

Native Reso of 1920 x 1200 x32 @ 60 Hertz

AMD Adrenalin 19.10.1 Beta for Win7x64

Firefox 2018

1x 8 Core AMD OpteronMP 6140 D1 Mangy Cours, 8 Cores @ 2.6Ghz

1x Noctua NH-U9D0 A3

Supermicro H8SGL-B

32GB NUMA Quad Channel DDR3-1600 ECC Reg HP Server Ram @ 1333Mhz

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 Special Edition PCi-E 8GB 256 Bit GDDR5

Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 PCI 64MB 128Bit XRAM

NEC 5 Port USB 2.1 PCI card, (2 external) 3 in Front Panel)

Dual Port USB 2.0 Bracket connected to the motherboard for extra USB ports for the rear.

NEC ND-2500A DVD Re-Writer 8x/4x UATA-133

Western Digital 300GB/16MB Cache Velociraptor 10.000 RPM HDD

Western Digital 2TB/64MB Cache RAID Edition 4 Data Center Series 7.200 RPM HDD (Storage)

Silver Stone Strider Plus 850 WATT Modular PSU

Lian Li PC-7FN Midi Tower

Lian-Li W-LM2AB-1 Black Side Window Panel

Samsung SyncMaster 943S 19" TN PanelMax Reso: 1440x900x32 @ 75Hz with a 16:10 Aspect Ratio.

Windows 7 Professional x64 UK + Service Pack 1

AMD Adrenalin 19.10.1 Beta for Win7x64

Valkyrie SMP 2014

2x 12 Core AMD OpteronMP 6180 SE D1 Mangy Cours, 24 Cores @ 2.5Ghz

2x Noctua NH-U9D0 A3

48GB NUMA Quad Channel DDR3-1600 ECC Reg HP Server Ram @ 1333Mhz

Supermicro H8DG6-F AMD Maranello Blade Server Chipset 2x AMD SR5690 Northbridges,1x AMD SP5100 Southbridge

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 2048 Bit HBM2

Auzentech X-Fi Bravura PCi-E 7.1

Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD

Plextor PX-B950SA BR-RW Drive, Singlelayer & Duallayer BR-RW + Lite Scribe

SeaSonic PlatinumX 1000 Watt EPS 12V + 24V PSU

Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B Server Design Case 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

Lian Li W-X2000-B Window Kit 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

AMD VSR @ 2560x1600x32 @ 60Hz

AMD Adrenalin 20.2.1 Beta for Win7x64

And the system in the foreground is my 3dfx Retro Gaming / Workstation:

Sveta 2002

AMD AthlonXP 2200+ Thoroughbred-A, 1 Core @ 1.8Ghz

EPox EP-8K7A+ AMD 761 Chipset with Via 686B SB

2x 1GB PC-2700 Kingston @ PC-2100 266Mhz DDR

3dfx Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP 16MB Rev.A 3199

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro

Mitsubishi Electronics LS-120 F200 Super Floppy Drive

1x Seagate Barracuda V 80GB 7200 RPM Main disk

1x Seagate Barracuda V 120GB 7200 RPM Game Disk

Belkin 5 port NEC USB 2.0 PCI Card

3-Com 3C905C-TX-M PCI Ethernet Adapter 10/100Mbit

NEC ND-1300A DVD-RW Drive

BTO Plusdeck 2c Cassette Tape Convertor/Player/Recorder Drive

Sony 3.5" Floppy Drive

Antec True Power 550 Watt PSU

Addtronics 6896A Entry Level Server Tower

Compaq S710 17" Blackshade CRT from 2001

Reso @ 1024x768x32 ! 85Hz | 0.22.5 Dot Pitch

1995 Roland E-14 Keyboard

Win2K Pro + SP4 & RU1 for SP4

AmigaSport 3.0 by AmigaMerlin from 3dfxzone.it

Latest 3dfx Tools for V3 3500 TV AGP

Here without the side fan & Pan-Am B747-121 with 3dfx Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP 16MB

That is it really :)

Hey nice work Backfire Were you able to test your Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 in itn as well, it should work tho, the specs just make out just fine AGP Voltage is a stable 3.32 volts with my board.

I look forward to your results, more research with the 8K7A+ would be really nice, so we can add this board to the Voodoo5 6000 Supported mainboard list.

Hmm I see, very interesting, makes me wonder has anyone ever tried using a VESA connector even with a Voodoo5 6000 for example or any 3dfx card for that part?

Since they were all added to all 2D /3D 3dfx based VGA cards, makes me wonder if they actually worked or even had a useful purpose, hmm.
    This project does look similar to that what I had in mind yea.

if I have to be very honest and accurate the prices on ebay are a fuck'n disgrace.. as are the people that are that greedy on trying to get so much coin from them :bonk::mauer:

Gotta love the new world eh? :rolleyes: