Beiträge von Gold Leader

ugh... why am I in that list if I may ask???

Everyone knows that my card was sold to one Murfisor guy... not something I prefer to be reminded of... the previous owner of my card was Hank Semenec himself my card was brand new and never used, Hank did the PCI-Rework and Gary tested it and applied the internal power hookup.

But If you are going to make a list, it would make more sense to make a list of all the current Voodoo5 6000 owners... then adding TM .. heh good luck with that I guess... that is one of many reasons I never bothered.

Some cards I do know the previous owners of, heck I had contact with all Voodoo5 6000 owners from 2005 to 2011 I believe that was.

Previous owner of Erik's card was one Spaniard by the name of Markus if you were wondering.

Klar, kann ich gerne machen. Ich schaue mal zu Hause nach nächste Woche. Ich hab mal ne Archiv-CD mit allem Sammelzeug erstellt. Es waren insgesamt mehr Karten. Ich hatte immer nur Angst, sie könnten in meinen Händen kaputt gehen, weiß ich noch.

Aber ganz ehrlich, der wahre Hingucker war doch die Aalchemy 8164. Ich hab nie ganz verstanden, warum die bei Ebay damals immer für ne verhältnismaßig schmale Mark wegging. Ist vielleicht wie bei Schallplatten, denk ich mir. Heißt nicht Voodoo und steht nicht "not for resale" drauf.

I don't sell any part of my collection that perfectly fits into a 10x10 framebox in my office. But I recently found an original 3dfx promo shirt with a spanish slogan on the back while tidying up. It won't quite fit into it... ;)

You should return the tags to their rightful owners, was rather a lame thing to do man.

Well I've always been a radeon guy I'm just glad I have an AMD GPU for everything just brilliant the image quality is amazing as well, nothing to complain for, I just make time and do it ya know :)

As for Descent I played D1 since October 24, 1994 and D2 since May 01, 1995 not something I ca't stop playing the dmdb offers many new missions and maps to play, those games never bore me :)

And running them at 4K with 200fps avr is plain funny :topmodel:

Ah right well I can understand :)
    Mostly I take use of AMD VSR 2560x1600 every game I run and so far it Vega 64 does considerably well with everything maxed out, via ingame settings of course.

Here some screenshots I took of the games I am currently playing

VSR 2560x1600x32:

Borderlands 2:

Just Cause 3:

Beasts of Bermuda:

Overload:

VSR 3840x2400x32 only these so far:

Beasts of Bermuda:

Descent 1 with DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 + D1X Retro 1.3

Descent2 with DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 + D2X Retro 1.3a

8GB is small when dealing with 4K & 5K reso's textures can fill up quite rapidly especially when taking use of VSR, the GPU takes use of supersampeling to simulate the higher reso your monitor actually doesn't support nativily.

NVIDIA has a similar dea they use DSR meaning Display Super Resolution, works very similar yet they lack HBCC.
    Vega 64 also uses an updated version of HSR what is referred to Hidden Shader Removal. some of you Voodoo5 users would know exactly what I mean on how this works, it only renders on what you see, everything under the map is left out, thereby saving lots of performance for other things.

Vega is very underestimated and undiscovered imo, it's design is quite unique from everything else, even it's a lot like how Fiji worked the chip that was used for the R9 Fury series.

Here a nice test explaining what happens when you take use of HBCC with a RX Vega 64 8GB HBM2:
    https://techgage.com/article/a-look-at-amd-radeon-vega-hbcc/

this video shows ho much VRAM is actually used with & without HBCC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMOGNYKqhN8

Rx Vega 64 OC specs:

HBCC ON @ 12GB Vram
    +20% Power Limit
    Default Core Clocks
    +85 MHz to HBM2 Samsung Memory
    No Undervolt

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    i7 7700k@4500Mhz
    Corsair 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz
    Asus Prime Z270-A
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB & 1TB
    2x Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
    EVGA 750 G2 Power Supply
    Radeon Software 17.10.1

So cool we have the same GPU now hah

:topmodel:

Hmm yeah that would be very welcoming actually :)
    if using Win 10 or Server 2016 you should try out HBCC aka High Bandwidth Cache Control this can really up your performance as well when using Vega based GPU's.

Hmm I can understand that tbh :)
    I too ran NV for years, Quad SLI EVGA GTX 295 RE's, 2-Way SLI EVGA GTX 480's 580 SC 1.5GB's, 680 SC Sig 2GB's and the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2.

It's that I missed my Radeon's tbh, yet mainly their image quality was so important to me as well as drivers, they are really well made.

The AMD Driver cleaner and DDU in combination, after that reboot and install your new drivers, after reboot and done it's much less work as well.

NV gave me serious driver issues my 1080 camped with the black screen of Death issue as well during bootup and when surfing the web, if I'd use drivers older than 384.94 it would not happen but every driver after it I'd get it again, it was really driver based and not hardware based.
    This is the error message I would get after the black screens:

Fact is I won't accept such continuous issues for a card of 680 euros .... The EVGA 1080 FTW2 I had, I had about 1 year and camped with these issues for about 5 months, then I just sold it to someone else simply I was done with NV's careless customer service and low quality drivers.

The moment I went AMD Radeons all my issues were gone everything just works without any fuss'n about.
    And I know AMD's drivers can be buggy as well, but I just make proper bug reports and they always get back to me with useful solutions.

I mostly game at AMD VSR 2560x1600 now my native reso is 1920x1200, I use a HP ZR24w 24" 16:10 HS-IPS panel.
    3840x2400x32 I mainly sue for DXX-Rebirth with Descent 1 & 2.

Games that use UE4 & Froistbite run great at 2400p with VSR games that use Unity & CryEngine are fine at 1600p well from my end anyway.
    Radeon VII aka Vega II should make 2400p more doable I am thinking.

Yes of course, I get that, I can truly understand why you went for the blower design, all due to your compact and cramped case design, a blower design makes most sense.

Yet for my Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B the Sapphire Nitro RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 was the best solution

Thanks to Vapor-X chamber cooling my GPU doesn't exceed 55C at max load, my GPU runs currently at 1630Mhz max OC is 1760Mhz, with those speeds beating a 1080 Ti / RTX 2080 is a like a milk run.

But since everything I do runs fine to what I want it to do, I never bothered.
    my card has a hand picked GPU which is best of batch and a fully redesigned PCB makes the Nitro LE 2.0 the best Vega 64 on the market, good airflow will push the hot air out of the case anyways.

And you enjoying Vega 64 so far?

Radeon VII aka Vega II has the following specs GAT :)

3840 GCN 5.1 Cores
    240 TMU's
    64 ROPS
    60 CU's
    16GB 4096Bit Quad Stack HBM2

Go here for details of the Vega 20 GPU of the Radeon VII:
    https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-vii.c3358

Here the Radeon Instinct MI60 to give you the specs of a fully fledged Vega 20 GPU:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gp…adeon-instinct-mi60.c3233

There is going to be a fully fledged version of the Vega 20 GPU which will either be a water cooled card a limited edition or maybe even a separate release as in Radeon VII +
    No idea on the name but something like that is going to happen.

Once the drivers get mature the Radeon VII will at least be 40 to 50% faster than Vega 64 and 25 to 30% faster than RTX 2080 easily, do keep in mind the drivers used to test it on that preview were alpha drivers so this card has way more potential to give.
    Here the results of what these alpha drivers did for the Radeon VII aka Vega II
    https://www.pcper.com/news/Gra…rds/Radeon-VII-Benchmarks

Fallout 76 shows a performance boost of 68% that is pretty insane, imagine if all games were fully optimized with an optimized driver set for this card, trust me you will see even larger gains...

Currently Vega 56's & Vega 64's are beating GTX 1080's in most game titles all thanks to proper driver optimization, as you can see here:
    https://www.tomshardware.com/r…ing-oc-review,5441-3.html

It has improved over time, here an other review shows different numbers due to the different games being tested:
    https://www.eurogamer.net/arti…x-vega-64-benchmarks-7001

The constant flow of driver updates have surely smoothed out most issues.
    The Vega 64 I use now is the best Vega 64 on the market even out besting the Vega 64 LC, it's this one:

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 8GB 2048 bit HBM2:

the 2.0 has 2x 8 pins instead of 3x 8 pins for power feed and it's GPU speed is 1630Mhz instead of 1611 Mhz.

So it does have slight improvements here and there, it's the card Tweaktown had a sneak preview of:

Here the card in my system:

So far it runs better than the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 I had before it thanks to driver improvements in some Vulkan games I have here it's about 27% faster, on other games it's about 15% faster overall not too shabby for a Vega 64 :)
    Here a detailed review of my card, well the older LE 1.0 card with 3x 8 pins for power feed:
    https://www.pcworld.com/articl…55P0oIO-FPffpG1-WEP_3JyII

"If you’re willing to spend the money to achieve high-end Radeon ecosystem nirvana, then the astonishingly cool, impressively quiet Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 64 Limited Edition will give you the best Vega 64 experience possible. It’s much better than the liquid-cooled Vega 64."

I am going to wait until Sapphire releases their Nitro Radeon VII Limited Edition and take one of those instead :)
    Thereby Sapphire will fix all the flaws it has and perfect the actual design, as they have done with Nitro RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 1.0 & 2.0

Well I think it's time you gave these for free to the ones that actually should own them 14 cards of shame in otherwords.
    Quite the tpxic act to do imo to remove these from the cards they actually belong to, the ultimate dick move to the 14th degree.

Been playing some Borderlands 2, Just Cause 3 & Fallout 4 with my Sapphire Nitro RX Vega 64 Limited Edison 2.0 and the 18.12.2 WHQL drivers, a great driver for true :D

Here some screenshots :)

Borderlands 2 @ AMD VSR 2560x1600x32 max settings:

Just Cause 3 @ AMD VSR 2560x1600x32 max settings:

Fallout 4 @ AMD VSR 2560x1600x32 max settings:

(Without High Quality Textures DLC)

Got my 13th Perfectly Preserved Pie! YUS! :spitze:

Wheeee :topmodel:

As you see no image quality defects but pure image fidelity at it's best, without the need of high rest texture packs, I wanted to see the difference from the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 I had before it and to me the image quality is better colors, warmer and the image fidelity is much sharper.

So far this RX Vega 64 I am using is the best GPU I have used in a very long long time.
    The drivers are great no instability issues no misrenderings everything works great.

At the moment I am using AMD Adrenalin Catalyst 18.12.2 WHQL which is this one:

Now I shall look forward how Navi develops.

Intel's APU's suck AMD kinda has the greater upper hand there.
    Intel's prices are also higher than that of AMD's with AMD you get for what you pay for and more cores per coin as well.

And thanks for the Vega link, guess my dyslexia messed up my mind and just misread where I was posting lel.

Installed 18.12.2 WHQL these drivers are awesome! :spitze:

Fallout 4 is finally fixed no more RGB issues , my bug report did AMD well it seems!

Here some X-Mas Decoration then hah xD

And he me relaxing in my home, I'ma level 142.5 atm, been playing over 1178 hours trying to gain as much XP as possible, it does go slow now tho hah :topmodel:

But yeah As you see my RX Vega 64 is rendering some lovely images, this is without the High Quality Texture Pack simply I wanted to see the real difference with the normal textures and it's quite large when comparing to my GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 Image Quality & Image Fidelity is better images are warmer as well,, more natural to the eye.

I will make more daytime shots, but this is all I have atm.

For the ones wonders the Vega 64 I am using is the following:

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 8GB 2048Bit HBM2 from Q1 2018.

Which is this fella:

Best VGA card I ever had so far <3

ketfri8002 For your information I had contact with the Q3D CEO the one who runs the place, they gave me permission to put these files on my dropbox as I did so.

I always ask permission to share software, it's common sense to do that.

If I don't know if I am aloud for sharing it, I simply ask it.
    Also I sold everything to close friends of mine simply Ia m done with all the drama man, seriously.

The Boeing 747 Community is far more mature and more my thing, also for those wondering I left x-3dfx for good, I'm just done with all the bullshit tbh.

Ah well no worries about them backplates just kinda lame for you unfriending and blocking me afterwards, but hey must of been your way of overreacting even that the CEO of Quantum3D gave me permission to share them files as I have asked them politely ;)

Ah well hope these cards do you well I guess?