Posts by Tobi

Am exaktesten fand ich immer es oben mit Kabelbindern am Festplattenkäfig oder so abzuhängen, die meisten Karten haben ja noch iwo ein Loch. Vorteil gegenüber dem Metall ist transportierbarkeit bzw. das man es nicht vergisst falls man den Rechner mal spazieren trägt und einem das Teil alles zerhaut.

Ich meine das war Award 1.3...aber ich finds gerade nicht...Das Manual hab ich wiedergefunden, falls das interessiert. Es ist übrigens ein ZX und kein BX, damit ist die Chance auf 133MHz etwas geringer...

Das war bei mir nicht der Fall. Ich hab das Board nicht mehr aber afair muss das mit dem Award ein Einzefall sein. Die meisten hier auf VA haben wegen Stabilität auf Award umgeflasht. Falls es das nirgends mehr geben sollte, kann ich mal auf alten Platten für Euch forschen.

Falls Dir das Licht zu funzelig ist, meld Dich mal per PN bei mir ;-)

Das ist völlig richtig.

Viele Fahrzeugbrände entstehen aufgrund von steigenden Leitungswiderständen, verursacht durch Korrosion an Steckverbindungen.

Bei meinem alten Auto habe ich zur Sicherheit neben einen Ladedruck- und Öldruckmesser auch einen analogen Spannungsmesser verbaut.

Darf ich kurz fragen was Du Dir von dem Spannungsmesser versprichst? Ich hab das auch, aber wg LiMa...

Well Gold Leader, if you really achieved now that Anthony left this topic, thank you in the name of the 99% of VA that opposed your opinion (this was ironic, you said before you cannot detect that usually). VA is actually the forum where things go forward thanks to constructive criticism.

Your way to argue is very immature because at least every second phrase contains emotional components, which does not fit any kind of constructive discussion. In my job I am reviewing scientific applications that go into millions of € and if someone starts arguing emotionally in front of the panel, this means there is a subjective component in arguments that should always remain objective and this it at least a reason to dig deeper/reject applications. So if Anthony is not listening to you, this means he is a very good developer and just taking the bit of real argument that was in your words. If your impression is that nobody is listening to you, you have to look for the mistake in yourself. The prototype is improved and you keep repeating the same BS again and again and damage this community here. In your facebook group you are able to apologize, why not here, where you do the real damage? Just compare your contribution with Anthonys and then decide what is better for 3dfx community.

I (personal opinion now) hope that your next post is gonna be about a working prototype from your side, based on your ideas, which I will definitely consider to buy.

Anthony, again please just try to ignore the emotional words, its not the amount of crappy posts here, there is exciting members with knowledge here (excluding myself from this list definitely).

Yeah, ages back i had a P5WDGS WS with such a controller. Even 33MHz cards profited from being along on a bus.

33MHz PCI was already exhausted by IDE transfers from the Southbridge. Concerning the dragging to 33MHz you are probably right, so as 99% had a Southbridge, the statement that a board is 2.1/2.2/2.3 PCI Version was just a basic statement about being backwards compatible to their own crappy onboard bridges ;-)

Chipset

• Intel 440BX (Seattle) / PIIX4E (82371EB)
    • NB/SB interconnection via PCI with 133 MB/s
    • Supports FSB 66/100 (66/100 MHz SDR)
    • Supports Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
    • Supports Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP)
    • Supports Universal Serial Bus (USB 1.1)
    • Supports up to AGP 2x (AGP 1.0, 3.3V)
    • Supports PCI v2.1
    • Supports ISA
    • Supports up to UDMA33

That´s ironic ;-) The SB 82371EB PIIX4E can only do 33MHz...unsolder that crap :steinigung:

Anthony, keep up the great work. A long mistery for me is why PCI cards can´t get the 66Mhz that was implemented with PCI 2.0 specs in 1996. Even a really old Asus P2B is specified as 2.1. When one uses Dos HWutils, they will tell you your slot can do 66MHz but i never found an actual card (3.3V/32bit) making use of this.

Second thing, don´t get bored here in this forum because of Gold Leader, he is one individual. I am convinced that 99% of people in VA know and value this project and give it the credit it deserves (and not just emotional complaining with sparks of constructive criticism).

In the end our hobby and VA need people like you, taking things to a new level! IMHO this is the greatest thing achieved since the first 6ks showed up here. In these years (GATs Göttin/hard::overclock, aso), we all have to keep in mind that even 3dfx engineers only build faulty 6ks that Hank had to fix and yours work straight away.