Speaking about Rampage..

• Ahhh oh okay I see, many thanks for telling me that, I really never heard of it haha xD

Also i wish you all the best on fixing them drivers, let's just hope the hardware is good enough to function under improved Bios & drivers.
    An other interesting thing is all them 7 or 8 jumpers the Rampage has, were you able to find out why 3dfx placed so many on this card?
    These critters I mean:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.abload.de/img/jumpersrampy92s2p.jpg]

• Obi,
    One of them modify memory timing.

Regards,
    Oscar.

Hmm okay, yet I wonder what all them others do, FSB, GPU Clock timing, GPU core speed settings or Ram speed and such, maybe they added these so they could hardware set things instead doing it via the card's Bios constantly, it would seem rather logic, anyways if any of you Rampage owners could find more about all the other jumpers, it might be interesting to make a note of these somewhere, in this topic perhaps or as additional information for Gary's 3dfx Rampage page.

• What would be extremely handy is to obtain the official Blue Prints of the Rampage cards, I know there are white papers out there also, but a Blue Print would certainly reveal everything of it.

• On another note a tried the jumpers on the board and with one exception no changes were noted.

Jumper P6 will cause a black screen on boot up (no vga) tried twice to make sure, all the rest no changes were noted. I tried all the jumper locations one at a time.

The machine would boot up normal, 3dfx tools showed no change in ram size or clockspeed, DX tools still reports 13.5 megs of video ram, all three Directx cube tests run fine and 3DMARK99 indicates 938k of video ram.

With the 3DMARK99 pro individual tests I was unable to get any of them to run aside from the CPU test.

For fun tonight, I dusted off a spare HD and installed WinME. Well I tried to install anyways, my disc went bad! Since I have a valid key, I found a replacement copy via the intertubes =)

No change. The blue screens of death are slightly different but show a crash at the same address. Quake3 ran a tad longer than usual but I only ran one demo.

Oscar needs to get his board up and running so we can compare notes.

• I am glad to see that the testing still makes a least some progress. Really love the video where one can see Rampage running the PC Gamer Bench. Keep up the good work!
    Q3 looks really nice on Rampage.
    Anyway I am a litte bit sad. Thought Rampage would do more games without crashing or even refusing to work.

• I am glad to see that the testing still makes a least some progress. Really love the video where one can see Rampage running the PC Gamer Bench. Keep up the good work!
    Q3 looks really nice on Rampage.
    Anyway I am a litte bit sad. Thought Rampage would do more games without crashing or even refusing to work.

Have patience, I'm working on that still.

Edit- I'm in the process of looking for other motherboards from the year 2000 timeframe. I'm working under the assumption that the 3dfx engineers would have fixed the crashes I'm encountering fairly quickly as they needed to develop the drivers and show the progress to any investors. So, the BIOS and drivers MAY be tuned to what ever motherboard and OS they were using at the time and they would worry about compatibly later. So far using the Final Reality benchmark as a guide, the best OS has been Windows 98SE. The board seems to prefer VIA chipsets so I'm focusing my search on motherboards with VIA chipsets and I'd like to try a AMD Irongate 750 Athlon board as well as the Athlon was the most powerful PC at the time.

Here is a list of motherboards I'm looking for.

Athlon boards as of March 2000 (Anand)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/517

AOpen AK72
    ASUS K7M, ASUS K7V-RM
    EPoX 7KXA
    FIC SD-11
    Gigabyte GA-7IX, Gigabyte GA-7VM
    Microstar MS-6167, Microstar MS-6195 K7Pro
    Soyo SY-K7AIA
    Tyan Trinity K7 S2380

Intel Boards, Socket 370, May 2000

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...oards,196.html

Asus CUV4X-M
    Azza 694TX
    Biostar M6VCG
    Elitegroup P6VAP-A+
    Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X
    Gigabyte GA-6VX7-1394
    IWill VD133 Pro
    Lucky Star 6VA694
    MSI MS-6309
    QDI Advance 10
    Soltek SL-65KV
    Soyo SY-7VCA

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gdonovan (15. Juli 2013 um 12:00)