Owning a V56k - Day One

• Zitat

Original von feinripp
    Rev A 3700 always has 6ns Hyundai, afaik

€: btw, nice card razrx, you surely will build up a nice system for it.

However there was also the rumor of a Rev.A3 3700 with 6ns Toshiba, I haven't seen this card but read many rumors about it.

And then there is a rev.A 3700 SE with 4.5ns Toshiba ram which runs cores/mem 240Mhz one Aquoes21 has or had this card, he now goes under the nic Lord Obsidian, GAT you must remember this heh.

All I know is that he works for Microsoft, he programs fixxes as updates for Internet Explorer 6 and up back then when I met him and also does work for the MS network system.

When he is online I can ask him about the 240Mhz V6K ask him for some pics of it, see what other changes were applied to it.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (13. August 2008 um 03:53)

• Indeed, I do remember, very lively, rofl!!

Which is, why I intend to doubt the existence of that card unless i have seen the pics and have seen her run those clockrates. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Zitat

Original von Gold Leader

And then there is a rev.A 3700 SE with 4.5ns Toshiba ram which runs cores/mem 240Mhz one Aquoes21 has or had this card, he now goes under the nic Lord Obsidian, GAT you must remember this heh.

When he is online I can ask him about the 240Mhz V6K ask him for some pics of it, see what other changes were applied to it.

I need that pics from this card:D I have never heard something about this V56k.

• Well I do have some news, it's not the news I had expected but I has achat with Aquoes21 tonight and this is how the conversation went :)

[00:53] Gold Leader--> Norris Fighter On Standby: Anyways do you have a pic of that 240Mhz Voodoo5 6000 ?

[00:54] Lord Obsidian: I gave it away man

[00:54] Gold Leader--> Norris Fighter On Standby: also the pics of it aka photo's? how did it look like? were there any ,modifications on it's PCB?

[00:56] Lord Obsidian: dude youre asking about shit thats over 5 yrs old i honestly dont remember at all, it was a bit modified i remember putting on new heatsinks onit, but thats all i remember

[00:57] Gold Leader--> Norris Fighter On Standby: oke sorry bud just wondering where it went that's all and some photo's of it, I thought asking you was my best go hehe. Sorry for asking it was something that just stumbled my mind hehe :)

[01:08] Lord Obsidian: not a problem, sorry man been a while since i gave it away

[01:08] Gold Leader--> Norris Fighter On Standby: you don't know who you gave it to?

And after this no reply :topmodel:

But the worst of all --> HE GAVE IT AWAY :gadget::mauer: D'oh :mauer: HELS! :adsh:

Anyways I do wonder about it people, sometimes I have the idea it is all but aone big story where we all fell for again like he prommised to build the Renegade or what it was GAT you may know what he prommised to build, some new type of 3dfx card , but even that never came right?

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (16. August 2008 um 01:13)

• Yes, he was behind that big hoax to build a "new 3dfx-style graphics board" (mind, not only the chip, which would have been unrealistic enough already, but also the PCBs!). He told the community something about millions of dollars already being risen for that "Renegade" Project. Of course that money had never ever existed. But since he was such a respected person at that time, there were many who believed in that shit at that given time. Then he... creatively "forged" a lethal illness (I won't go into any details here) to convince the community that he was effectively disabled to continue on with this whole thing. Shortly thereafter, he obviously disappeared never to show up again in the 3dfx communities - wich was easy, cause nobody knew his real name anyway.

That was sometime near the end of the 3DHQ drivers.

And it sickens me to even think of that person, which is why I will not talk about this any further now. Only one thing: Aquoess, or "Aqueel" as he called himself for quite some time is not to be trusted in my opinion!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (16. August 2008 um 16:53)

• Zitat

Original von GrandAdmiralThrawn
    Yes, he was behind that big hoax to build a "new 3dfx-style graphics board" (mind, not only the chip, which would have been unrealistic enough already, but also the PCBs!). He told the community something about millions of dollars already being risen for that "Renegade" Project. Of course that money had never ever existed. But since he was such a respected person at that time, there were many who believed in that shit at that given time. Then he... creatively "forged" a lethal illness (I won't go into any details here) to convince the community that he was effectively disabled to continue on with this whole thing. Shortly thereafter, he obviously disappeared never to show up again in the 3dfx communities - wich was easy, cause nobody knew his real name anyway.

That was sometime near the end of the 3DHQ drivers.

And it sickens me to even think of that person, which is why I will not talk about this any further now. Only one thing: Aquoess, or "Aqueel" as he called himself for quite some time is not to be trusted in my opinion!

I totally agree with ya man, only I am not sure if his project was called Renegade heh anyways it was similar to the phrase Rampage or Renegade not really sure what it was, anyways it turned out to be indeed a hoax.

Just another thing the 240 Mhz V6K will remain a mystery to me even that there are rumors about it, it may have been a load of cow poo also :topmodel:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (16. August 2008 um 20:04)

• Thanks! I just checked out these pics.... I missed this post. It's great to see old pictures of my V5 6000. I can see where it's been. ;)

hutzeputz - Great webpage. Lots of cool pictures!

• :respekt: :respekt: :respekt: :respekt:
    That's awesome!

I only have a couple mins before class, so I can't check them all out yet.

BTW, I saw this:

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/6230…tje_piieuww.jpg

The person who made the cable is using the 5V power instead of the 12V power. Were older V5 6000's less volts more amps? I think I saw that the older V5 6000's are 10 amps max on the VV than the newer VV which are 4.6A. Makes sense I guess.... I'm still an electrical amateur.

/EDIT
    ok, so I see the red for him is actually yellow for me.... weird for Molex.

• Yes, it appears to be (bad quality photo, hard to see) a 12 volts adaptor. You can easiely pull-out the wires of a Molex (with the help of a little screwdriver) and plug it into the other side, therefore it is red. He probably used the yellow wire already for something else. ;)

• Well that's the same type of solution you made for the Late Voodoo Volts input only this one was made for Legacy 4pinned Voodoo Volts inputs on the following models:

Rev.A0 0700
    Rev.A1 1500
    Rev.A2 2600

these three needed a 4 pinned Voodoo Volts thus the 4 pins you seen on the power plug of that modded cable is made to power up these types of V6K's via a molex connector ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (1. Oktober 2008 um 00:50)