• Ihr wisst aber schon, das DX10 keine neuen Effekte bringt, sondern nur bei besonders leistungsfressenden Effekten wie dem gezeigten Parallex-Occlusion-Mapping oder Volumentric-Lightning nur performancemäßige Auswirkungen hat.

Dieses Bild ist vor 3 min entstanden:
    Isses Parallex-Occlusion-Mapping oder net? :gadget:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/9015/dx10pc7.png]

Es stimmt aber, im Menü wird trotzdem nur "High" angezeigt, die Effekte sind aber nun mal da, und ich wette in der Vollversion wird es nicht mehr so leicht sein diese Effekte freizuschalten.

• @GAT: sorry hab mich falsch ausgedrückt ich meine das gameplay und das sich das spiel nicht viel von farcry unterscheidet und nicht die grafik an der gibt es nähmlich nichts zu meckern :hrr:

Mein System:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 4000+ (2.5GHZ)
    Sapphire HD 2900XT 512MB
    2048MB DDR2-533
    Asrock AM2NF6G-Vista
    Shakoon 450W
    Arctic Cooling

• Ich finde das Gameplay von FC genausogut wie bei Crysis.

Es ist einfacher wenn es der Funtkionsumfang nicht überladen ist.
    Ich hasse es wie die Pest hunderte Tastenkombinationen für 1000 verschiedene Funktionen auswendig lernen zu müssen. :adsh:

• Zitat

Original von rockys82

Nja FarCry war seiner Zeit Grafisch absolut vorraus aber deine Äußerung kann ich absolut nicht nachvollziehen! Renn mal durch den Dschungel die Detail da kannst FarCry in die Tonne hauen...... 8)

Ja im dschungel sehen die blätter halt hammer aus, aber wenn ich ausserhalb aufs wasser schau oder so zu den bergen hat sich net viel getan.

Ok alles hat shader bekommen und dichte vegitation mit glanz und schein!

System1:
    Intel Core I5 750 | 4GB DDR3 | 2xRadeon HD 5770 @ CF | X-Fi

• Also auf 1440x900 und Details auf Medium läufts sehr gut, bis auf gelegentliche Slowdowns. Aber ich hab mal alles auf High gestellt bei der Auflösung, dann siehts echt mal goil aus :spitze:
    -> dann hab ich auch genügend Zeit mir alles anzusehn :bonk: :topmodel:

Naja, wenn ich irgendwann mal fertig bin mit altem Krempel kaufen, dann zieh ich mir ne frische GraKa, auf medium Zocken hab ich kein Bock, dann kann ich gleich bei Farcry bleiben :spitze:

• Zitat

Original von Tweakstone
    Naja, wenn ich irgendwann mal fertig bin mit altem Krempel kaufen, dann zieh ich mir ne frische GraKa, auf medium Zocken hab ich kein Bock, dann kann ich gleich bei Farcry bleiben :spitze:

kanst mir ja die Q3D AArdvark Banshee für 100 verkaufen :rolleyes:
    dann auf einen der beiden protos verzichten und schon hast du genug kohle für n HD2900

VoodooAlert IRC Channel

Und hier noch ein blöder Spruch den nicht jeder sehen kann.
    :spitze: Anscheinend ist es ja mittlerweile modern, Schriftfarben zu nutzen die man nur in einem der beiden Designs sehen kann :spitze:

• Zitat

Original von GrandAdmiralThrawn

Hmm, wie meinst du das? Du hättest dir von der Grafik noch mehr erwartet, oder vom Spiel?

@Obi-Wan: Gameplay reminds me of FarCry (of course). Free Roaming, nice weapons, and i think, the nano suit just adds an innovative new gameplay feature to our "Far Cry 2". I dunno what you think is lacking about the gameplay, other than a certain "everthing new sucks on principle"-attitude that you seem to have these days ;) , but i quite like it, it's large, offers a lot of free-roaming space, but is still fast-paced in combat, and much fun to me.

Of course it needs a lot of GPU power, but that was pretty obvious anyway.

Yeaps I'm a retro gamer and really older 3dfx based games are better imho ;)
    Then I'm like you're die-hard 3dfx gamer or you're not ;) and truly the most new gen games are low of quality till very few tiles aka Half-Life 2 + EP1 & 2, Fear Combat, Return To Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Call of Duty1, 1.5 as FarCry 1.33 for the New-Gen FPS part that is.

This game is New-gen and health Regen isn't that realistic :gadget: In FarCry you had to look for health packs and stuff which is morely realistic as far more challenging, though health re-gen is easy for ugh ya know.. Ever seen a real soldier with a re-gen capability ?( I haven't, nobody has in person. :bonk: They used it in Call of Duty2 as well that was the only disadvantage of the entire game for the rest CoD2 was cool.

Nah the graphics didn't give me the great honoring "Wauw! feeling" it was more like hmm just another newgen game, with somewhat improved graphics but FarCry gave me a much larger "Wauw! feeling" idea as the most of my friends had the same idea about it than this one, I dunno, Crysis isn't as spectacular as most have hoped, it runs fine @ medium details though, nothing wrong there though when using FSAA it screws up, oh well It may be one of them Pro nVidia cheats as usual, which has been seen in other titles... History repeats itself heh.

Which is obviously ruining the freedom for people with other graphics hardware, them messy cheats, they just suck, most people don't like 'em as I don't, period. :mauer:

I'm hoping for no Health re-gen in FarCry 2 since it makes it a lot less good, just lazy way of healing, and really just wrecks the realism in it as the tension of the entire concept.

as a Flight Simmer as 3dfx gamer most New-gen games haven't impressed me, it's just the way they are optimized like for NV cards only and for the people that have cards from other vendors the programmers disable features like FSAA support or make that it only works for NV based cards which isn't fair, games should maintain neutral support for all sides.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (28. Oktober 2007 um 23:57)

• @ATi/NV:

There was a time, you know, where FSAA with HDR Rendering worked ONLY on ATi cards in FarCry (until I and some people at 3DCenter found out, that it is indeed possible on G80 when using an nHancer compatibility hack). So, the "everyone's pro-NV" argument just doesn't wash with me.

On top of that, while Multisampling on G80 plays nicely in Crysis, TAA will not, as i described previously. While TAA Supersampling will eat even an 8800 Ultra for breakfast, the effect will fail to display. All the grass, palm leaves etc. remain aliased. So, while the alpha channel detection seems to work (hence the performance drop), the application of the supersampling TAA itself doesn't.

So much for Crysis' love for nVidia cards. ;) ;) Won't buy that, as long as something like TAA/SS support is still broken (and TAA Multisampling won't do anything anyway..)!

So, i won't ever use arguments such as those as pro or contra when discussing Crysis. Maybe when discussing the CryEngine 2, but while broken AA may be a nuisance, it's surely fixable for CryEngine 2, no need to lower the game engine or the game itself for it yet. If it wasn't fixable - different story! But i bet it is for all major GPUs.

By the way, i do not think, that this thread would be an approriate location to fuel the ATi vs. nVidia fire once more anyway...

A different thing about the engine though: I tested that "DX10" patch for WinXP/DX9.0c. Seems to work fine, although i'd rather limit the changes again instead of applying them all. Cause this costs a LOT of performance. Gotta find out, which part eats the most. I'd really like to keep the water and the sunrays without too much of an impact on performance. ;)

@Auto-recharging health:

Most of this i believe, is being explained by the functionality of the nano-suit. This thing can repair itself, and it might as well be thinkable, that it uses advanced healing technology (such as injecting nanites into the users bloodstream) to patch you up during combat.

Since Crysis plays in the future (2020), something like that shouldn't be criticized too harshly i'd say.

Picking up health packs all the time isn't a great deal more realistic anyway. Ever seen a soldier hit by four M4 rounds, then applying a few band-aids and painkillers and it's allright again? Then the same soldier gets hit by grenade shrapnel or fire, and some magical pills and patches fully heal him again, and back into combat it is!!

Yeah, right... See? Recharging or not.. Both scenarios are HIGHLY unrealistic. Even if you could get back to fighting after the first patch-up, you'd be pretty much immobilized or just plain dead after taking another few rounds out of an assault rifle.

If you want that stuff to be realistic, then there would be no nano-suit recharging your health and there would be almost NO effect after using health packs (and using them would take considerably more time). Can't be done for any game. ;)

The health stuff was just a gameplay decision, not a realism-based one, a gameplay decision backupped by the idea of the nano-suit i'd say.

I dunno yet, if i like or dislike it. Doesn't seem to matter that much for me. If it's too easy for you, crank up that difficulty level, and the "easy" part will go away sooner than later. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• @ GAT

About the health stuff it would seem obvious if a Medic comes to you and patches you up after shot, that is still in a way more realistc, but yeah getting shot by even a Dessert Eagle would still make a soldier be in pain, but if I look back into the history of W.W.II, soldiers did inflict heavy grenade damage as shot wounds , they were healed partually by Medics and they were put back into combat!

Some of them did survive, some didn't, was more like a 50/50 case, so even that can be possible, so it still would make the game more realistic ;)

About 2020 I dunno since in 1987 people were talking about that flying cars would be the new standard in 2000 heh like that really happened right? It didn't. Same goes for your Nanosuit theorie, it's something I hardly doubt, the cars of 1987 still drive around today and plenty of them don't fly ya know :spitze: would of been a cool thing to see happening heh! xD

About the ATI versus NV thing heh it seems as if someone says something which has nothing to do with that, it would seem as a threat to the other side? lolz funny way of reading you have there man.

Stupid Marketing stuff they place in a game, anyways things like Nvidia's TWIMTBP as AMD/ATi's GITG should be banned, they spoil the games them selves as making them not neutral.

And really I don't really mind if somebody has a XGI, ATi, S3, Nvidia, Matrox or even a Trident card to play their things with, really, if it pleases the user, well that shouldn't be seen as a threat :)

Crysis has a lot of work needed, it doesn't support CrossFire propperly yet, though with a Pre-Release Demo that shouldn't be aloud, if the Demo was an alpha or a beta demo then it would be understandable.

I liked the McDonnel Douglas/ Boeing C-17 Globalmaster III in the intro though :)
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1311315_C17.jpg]
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1311314_C17b.jpg]

Anyways we both have our theories on these things heh nice to read though ;)

The Nanosuit idea is well thought, but if that is going to be reallity it will be around 2087 at the least, maybe even later.
    Look at the aircraft of today as from 1987 they are still alike still run on Jet power, you don't see any private as civil Space craft flying around like space trips to the moon and so on, heh do remember the human mind bears alot of fantasy ;) which is okay but shouldn't be taken too seriously.

19 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (29. Oktober 2007 um 14:15)

• Zitat

Original von Obi-Wan Kenobi
    @ GAT

About the health stuff it would seem obvious if a Medic comes to you and patches you up after shot, that is still in a way more realistc

Agreed, but in a Shooter like FarCry or Crysis you get hit a few hundred, or more likely thousand times (even in the head!). I guess, no medic and no medkit can make up for that in such a short period of time. ;)

Zitat

About 2020 I dunno since in 1987 people were talking about that flying cars would be the new standard in 2000 heh like that really happened same goes for your Nanosuit theorie, it's something I hardly doubt, the cars of 1987 still drive around today and plenty of them don't fly right ;)

Of course, but such is the way of (science-)fiction! Not all assumptions are correct. Some may be. But still, the nanosuit is one such idea, i think it fits into Crysis pretty well, and makes it easier to assume the health recharging functions (and the other functions the suit provides). It is a nice idea, no matter if this ever becomes reality or not. That just doesn't matter. Ideas like the nanosuit are not that much about realism. They are about providing a good and cool gameplay feature (Which i think succeeded in that case).

Zitat

Original von Obi-Wan KenobiAbout the ATI versus NV thing heh it seems as if someone says something about that that it would seem as a threat to the other side? lolz funny way of reading you have there man.

I just pointed out some facts what did happen with other games that stupid logo in every into of a new title , as if it would make the game run better :') what a brag off idea.

Funny way of reading? Hmm. You think so? You pointed out one deficiancy of Crysis on ATi hardware. You bash Crysis for it. Well, i point out a few deficiancies of FarCry as well as Crysis on nVidia hardware. And while i don't like them, i won't bash the game for it, as it seems to me, that developers are working on FSAA issues even as we speak (with partial success so far).

And nVidia "...meant to be played blah blah" Games don't necessarily play any badder on ATi hardware, just like Half Life 2 / Ep1 / Ep2 (which are "ATi-Games") don't play bad on NV hardware.

There are plenty of issues with NV hardware, either exclusively or generally, just look at the FSAA issue with Unreal Engine 3, which can only be resolved by applying a hack..

This has nothing to do with the Game Crysis anyway. This should be more about gameplay discussion, won't you agree?

I would still say, that FarCrys Gameplay was pretty fun, even when not following the storyline but just roaming around, hunting down the enemy in that beautiful setting. I loved the boat parts too.

All this is in Crysis, plus a few new gizmos like the suit. To me this plays very nicely. It's fun at least to me. They haven't changed too much about the gameplay since FarCry, and i LIKE that. I also liked C&C 3 for being so close to the original first of the C&C series, it felt nice and made lots of fun.

It might be true, that gameplay-wise there are only few innovations (good ones in my opinion though), but why would i care, as long as i have the fun of my life playing the part? ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• it's a typical support issue which has been explained by ATi informers from the dutch ATi thread, Crysis has yet no support for CrossFire which still has to be resolved.

even people with two HD 2900XT's experience the same issue's in Crysis as I do with my X1950 XTX + X1900 XTX CrossFire Setup. it's the game that doesn't support it and a demo should support such things in a way it will sell alot lesser this way if the support of it is only pulled to one side, which is a shame, but am sure that there will eb a fix for this one :)

FSAA can be enabled, but the screen goes wacko with wacko colours! all the ATi users are like what is this all about, when we enable FSAA we get a green image, it isn't a driver issue but a game issue, since it happens with any driver we use! let's hope it will be resolved.

it's good to have fun I aggree norries there heeh C&C3 was fun indeed though Red Alert2 is still my favourite I;'m a retro game and fopr that part old games always give me a greater kick in life heh.

also has alot of adavatages a 3dfx VGA card is plenty for them oldies like Half Life Series, Quake GL, Unreal series, Redalert2 series okay that is 2D but still has tons of fun in it. QuakeIIIArena, Tactical Ops yeah they still rock.

Crysis is indeed new gen like FarCry was and the Graphics are fine but still the impact FarCry gave most people as myself was alot larger, Crysis does look better true there, though the impact of wowness wasn't big because the graphics is just something that I would of expected and with FarCry that was something entirely different on my first test run with it.

but yeah Gameplay wise it hasn't changed much since FarCry, it may look alot like FarCry Instincts from The PlayStation / XBox360 remember that one? There you had the super jump thing dunno about the nanosuit idea, that may be a new part.

but yeah there are some improvements :) Like the spedomiters in the verhicles are improved the move so you can even see when you're gon 120 kph :) even the rpm meters work lot's of extra thoughts there even the meters on the boats work , i like extra detail like that :)

The underwater effects are very nicely done, I like the bluryness not overdone like with UT III since the Nanosuit does have some underwater goggles idea yeah i did like that alot, 3D Water has always been one of my favourite things since there are plenty ways of rendering water.

Anyways since you have a DX10 card GrandAdmiralThrawn, I'd say post some sweet DX10 pics man :respekt:

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (29. Oktober 2007 um 14:32)

• Zitat

it's a typical support issue which has been explained by ATi informers from the dutch ATi thread, Crysis has yet no support for CrossFire which still has to be resolved. [...] FSAA can be enabled, but the screen goes wacko with wacko colours! [...]

That's bad luck of course, but CF/SLI support may still come with a driver update. Just look at what troubles SLI had in its earlier days (and still has with some games, where it won't kick in even if forced to). From Cryteks perspective, it would be just plain stupid (revenue-wise) to rule out ATi users. Something like that simply won't happen, as it would impact game sales far too much!

However, both you and I will have to acknowledge, that Crossfire and SLI users are but a marginal, tiny part of the gamer base. So even if they couldn't fix CF support on release date, it would not rule out 50% of all users, but merely a one-digit percent. Because CF is used by what, maybe 1% of all ATi users?

And for that other problem, well, a lot of gamers (casual ones) don't even know what FSAA is. But at least, failing to deliver FSAA compliance on ATi hardware might stir up more hell than missing CF support, while i still believe, that this will be fixed with a driver rather than a game patch (UE3 received specialized drivers from both sides too with less problems, see, all this affection towards new game engines from the GPU makers ;) ).

But even THAT is not granted! Missing HDRR+FSAA support in UE3, Oblivion, Stalker or Call of Juarez (which all use different engines) speaks volumes about FSAA acceptance/appreciation throughout the gamer world. Most people won't even notice FSAA missing.

I still think, that CF and FSAA support will be fixed though, just for public relations' sake. CF systems might just be too good demo machines to rule them out (and CF users tend to be enthusiasts that would make too much noise about a non-working feature, see yourself ;) ), and still FSAA works on G80 in Crysis, they might be pressed to enable this on ATi hardware too (if this is not fixed by a new Cat).

Zitat

Crysis is indeed new gen like FarCry was and the Graphics are fine but still the impact FarCry gave most people as myself was alot larger, Crysis does look better true there, though the impact of wowness wasn't big because the graphics is just something that I would of expected and with FarCry that was something entirely different on my first test run with it. [...]

Hm. Well, when FarCry hit, the huge area/vegetation rendering was new, i agree. But i was still pretty much stunned by the visuals of Crysis. Maybe I'm an eye-candy whore, but it just stuns me still, even after all that time and after having seen so much. The facial rendering, the glare effects, the nicely done HDRR, and the blurring, i just ran around with my mouth open. Yeah, maybe i do just appreciate all that eye candy a bit too much, but what can i do? I love good graphics!

Hell, that was the damn reason, i switched from the GeForce 2 to the Voodoo5 in the first place! Cause i damn love smooth graphics. ;) And on that point, and not ONLY that point, Crysis delivers!

Zitat

but yeah Gameplay wise it hasn't changed much since FarCry, it may look alot like FarCry Instincts from The PlayStation / XBox360 remember that one?

Can't really comment on that, sorry... I only play PC games, never got that much interested in consoles (yeah i know they have innovative hardware, better gameplay sometimes, but well, I'm a PC nut, let's leave it at that ;) ).

Zitat

The underwater effects are very nicely done, I like the bluryness not overdone like with UT III since the Nanosuit does have some underwater goggles idea yeah i did like that alot, [...]

I keep reading more and more negative reports on the blurriness of UT3's underwater rendering. It seems as if I was the only person who loves that... I mean, when i open my eyes under water, it pretty much looks like what is being rendered in UT3. That's the single most realistic underwater-rendering i have ever seen! I also know (more than one) people, whose eyes start to seriously hurt, when looking at UT3's underwater scenes. I wonder why this is... I love that stuff. In Crysis of course, you have a helmet with glassy goggles built in, so the water rendering needed to reflect that feature... hence, sharper visuals.

Zitat

Anyways since you have a DX10 card GrandAdmiralThrawn, I'd say post some sweet DX10 pics man :respekt:

Weeeell, i do have a DX10 card, but i lack Vista and DX10. ;) I could however post DX9.0c screens with the "gimme DX10 effects!" hack applied. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (29. Oktober 2007 um 15:08)

• I think, that in such a High end Game like Crysis SLI/CF Support is important.
    First of all I think that you can only play on highest Settings with such a setup.
    Also High end Games are used for Benchmarking. It is free Comercial for the Developer, so Crytec should integrate CF Support.

- Auf Voodoos zu zocken ist wie Oldtimer fahren,
    nur dass es keinen Interessiert -

• Zitat

Original von B00nerang
    I think, that in such a High end Game like Crysis SLI/CF Support is important.
    First of all I think that you can only play on highest Settings with such a setup.
    Also High end Games are used for Benchmarking. It is free Comercial for the Developer, so Crytec should integrate CF Support.

While your argument seems logical at first, it still depends on the actual spread of CF (or SLI) systems. Of course multi-GPU can/could do a lot for Crysis!! But that doesn't necessarily mean, that a lot of gamers will go and buy two HD2900XT or 8800 Ultra cards. Even if CF/SLI did a 90% boost on Crysis, that wouldn't be the case.

So, what I'd like to say is: You got 100% gamers. Lets say, 50% are NV, and 50% are ATi. Maybe 10% of the whole gamer base use FSAA (which is too highly estimated i guess). Maybe 1% of the gamer base use CF/SLI.

So, you wouldn't wanna piss off the NV users alltogether, cause that would cut you off of 50% of the big cake, same thing with ATi. So, supporting both is a must.

With FSAA, decisions are getting hairy. If it makes lots of trouble implementing it right, you could scrap it. You would lose a significant user base, but you'll still make big profit. When it comes to CF/SLI it would most likely suffice to support one of those techs, as long as the media isn't creating a big scandal out of the missing feature... You can still demo your shiny new engine on either SLI or CF and collect the praise, while only losing 0.5-1% of your user base!!!

As you can see, developing games nowadays is mainly about making business decisions... :(

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (29. Oktober 2007 um 15:19)

• Zitat

Original von B00nerang
    I think, that in such a High end Game like Crysis SLI/CF Support is important.

I totally aggree, SLI as CF has been around for quite some time it should be a default support feature in all new upcomming applications, that CF as SLI support has been left out in such an itense high graphical application is hard to think about even at this time of day. most High end games have a SLI or CF or even both as in two sepperate machines, support for Multi GPU/VPU is just must in any new application comming.

These people pay for the CF SLI thing beacause it ain't a cheap thing to do, so we also expect it to be well supported, shame is that this problem has been happening with other titles as well, then I'm like why do graphics companies promise us extra performance in any application witha multi VPU/GPU setup, since it's hardware related thing , the software of the application should make that decision right :)

But to get back to it all the sad thing is it's all about money and not about support, which is still the main issue to it all.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (29. Oktober 2007 um 15:47)