This was sad to read another Voodoo5 6000 died after being in the wrong hands:

• I wonder why he didn't even TRY it with a normal card, such as a usual 5500 AGP, before? He would have found out it was bad for a VSA100 card without destroying a rare prototype.

My suggestion: Let's stay serious and reasonable. Let's not insult him, but tell him the facts about what he is doing (or makes someone else doing) to rare hardware - and explain him how rare that hardware is. MAYBE - yes, I'm serious - MAYBE he'll start to THINK by his own. As a matter of fact, there is no other way to save the cards he bought (and those he is still trying to buy!) from death.

Let's convince him. Believe in it: it IS possible. It MUST BE. It HAS to be. :(

• I told him several times that it makes no sense to go for such an extreme cooling solutions. The step from the big aluminum heatsink to the watercooling solution only brought 4MHz. Everybody could see that the limiting factor isn't/wasn't the heat, but something else (VSA100 VCore or analog SLI or ...).

Plastik 70 is a great isolation but it is permanent and only removable in very difficult ways. There are enough other solutions on the market that provide the same isolation but are very easy to remove.

So now you've got a broken card an even can't repair/test it because of the Plastik 70...

• It's a shame what has happened to this card. He should better consider in selling some cards instead of destroying them!
    There are a lot of people who want to have a V5 6000, including me :)

I hope this is the end of his extreme mods, i think everything what is not reversible should not be done to such a card.

3dfx SYSTEME (Silent/low Noise) Windows 98 SE:

QDI Legend V2200 AGP +Diamond Monster 3D +Videologic Apocalypse 3Dx | ASUS P2B-B | PII 450 | 128MB | 32GB CF
    Matrox G400 MAX +Matrox m3D +Orchid Righteous 3D² SLI | ASUS P3B-F | PIII 1100 | 256MB | 8GB CF
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | ASUS TUSL2-M | PIII-S 1400 | 256MB | 120GB SSD
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | EPoX EP-8K5A3+ | AthlonXP 3000+ | 512MB | 16GB CF |

• It's a shame what has happened to this card. He should better consider in selling some cards instead of destroying them!

I hope this is the end of his extreme mods, i think everything what is not reversible should not be done to such a card.

Yeah, thats wright! So many people would wish to have just one V5 6000 and he's doing such stupid unrespectful "experiments"....

• So, how many cards has he killed already?!

And dont forget, there are many more ways he could come up with killing another card he hasnt gone already.

For example VapoChill or even liquid nitrogen.

Im really sorry but after what i've seen from this wretched and helpless f*cktard, im absolutely positive he will
    come up with something new and possibly even more extreme and destructive.

Please excuse my VERY harsh words (even in german i wouldnt come up with such terms but i've whitnessed his
    senseless crap long enough to know that he's just free from any brains!

Dimwhitted soa...

Cya, Mäxl

• Dying was the best option for this card. Better dead as overclocked like hell. But he has 10 cards more to kill. Yes, bro, keep on the good work! Overclock the the cards, you have 70 cards more to kill!

----

Sterben war die beste Möglichkeit für die Karte. Besser tot als übermäßig übertaktet oder zermoddet. Aber er hat ja noch 10 Karten zu schrotten. Mach nur weiter so! Übertakte die Karten, es sind noch 70 da für dich.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von CryptonNite (14. Februar 2013 um 21:19)

• Nigtbird was the first one to have post something useful in that thread and yes she too the words right out on my mind:
    http://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.…157&whichpage=2

As for that list that is something I have let go of long ago, once this TM shit came along I was like I can't keep up a list to where the main abuser is at the top of it... So due to all what has happened I kinda let the idea go. Just you lot here at VA know why :)

The original backups of my work can be seen here on my Descent League's website:

The World Voodoo5 6000 List:
    http://dtaskforce.forumotion.com/t14-a-way-to-g…ds-research#616

The World Voodoo5 5000 List:
    http://dtaskforce.forumotion.com/t14-a-way-to-g…ds-research#617

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (15. Februar 2013 um 11:17)

• I wonder why he didn't even TRY it with a normal card, such as a usual 5500 AGP, before? He would have found out it was bad for a VSA100 card without destroying a rare prototype.

My suggestion: Let's stay serious and reasonable. Let's not insult him, but tell him the facts about what he is doing (or makes someone else doing) to rare hardware - and explain him how rare that hardware is. MAYBE - yes, I'm serious - MAYBE he'll start to THINK by his own. As a matter of fact, there is no other way to save the cards he bought (and those he is still trying to buy!) from death.

Let's convince him. Believe in it: it IS possible. It MUST BE. It HAS to be. :(

I completely agree with you, how can I not be?
    But unfortunately these right words are worth nothing.
    He got so many v56k that a rare prototype became a common card.
    These are his toys and He is gonna play with them like a kid.

It's a shame what has happened to this card. He should better consider in selling some cards instead of destroying them!

Give him more than 3000 euros and you can have ONE of his cards, 'cause that is the medium price he paid for every v56k he owns.

• good to hear, better this one is still available for this torture. So he might not get the idea to do the same with another V56k. :mauer:

was was wrong with it?

3dfx SYSTEME (Silent/low Noise) Windows 98 SE:

QDI Legend V2200 AGP +Diamond Monster 3D +Videologic Apocalypse 3Dx | ASUS P2B-B | PII 450 | 128MB | 32GB CF
    Matrox G400 MAX +Matrox m3D +Orchid Righteous 3D² SLI | ASUS P3B-F | PIII 1100 | 256MB | 8GB CF
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | ASUS TUSL2-M | PIII-S 1400 | 256MB | 120GB SSD
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | EPoX EP-8K5A3+ | AthlonXP 3000+ | 512MB | 16GB CF |

• The card is working again, thanks to a little bit of my help.

At least the card didn't get "damaged" on technical side...

I hope it was a shock and a lesson after all!

Well that is good to hear, but on the other side why would you help this moron or say 3dfx terrorist? :whistling: That I don't kinda understand :S ...
    To be very honest, I would of left him with it, he messed up, he should deal with the consequences.. :adsh: