• Mein Nichtheizen wird jetzt grade gut auf die Probe gestellt. Heute Nacht -10°C draußen, und es wird der Wettervorhersage zufolge eine zackig frische Woche, zumindest Nachts: Di -18°C, Mi -18°C, Do -16°C, Fr -14°C, Sa -10°C. Dann geht's wieder mehr gegen den Nullpunkt, bleibt aber scheint's noch knapp negativ. Da bin ich Mal gespannt inwieweit das die Innenraumtemperatur runterdrückt. Viel bin ich noch nicht unter 15°C gekommen, aktuell sind's 16°C.

Bis jetzt hat sich noch kein einziger mm³ Gas in meinen Brenner bewegt diesen Winter!

Freu mich auch schon auf die Endabrechnung von 2022 Mitte dieses Jahres und wieviel ich dann an Betriebs- und Heizkosten zurück bekommen werde. Für 2021 wars ein 100er, da hatte ich aber noch gar nix gespart.

• Ich werde wohl ca. 600€ zurückbekommen, weil ich zahle das unverbrauchte Gas ja nach wie vor. Das deckt aber nur ca. 4 Monate ab, was rein die Teuerung im Strombereich angeht. Eben nur 4 Monate - nicht ein Jahr. Nicht zu heizen ist als Gegenstand ökonomischer Effizienz unter Inanbetrachtnahme der gesenkten Lebensqualität betrachtet gar nicht einmal besonders effizient; Hier wäre es also deutlich besser, Stromfresser einzusparen. Leider ist mir das unter der Auflage meinen Server weiter betreiben zu wollen nicht möglich.

Basis: Ich zahle aktuell 500€ pro Monat für Strom und nur 50€ für die Gasheizung. Eigentlich ein Hohn, wenn man die angebliche, österreichische Preiskopplung von Strom zu Gas bedenkt; Da dürfte es so ein Verhältnis niemals geben.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Das klingt jetzt wie zynischer Hohn, ich weiß, aber +23€, da kann ich nur lachen! Ich bin mittlerweile einfach schon die Erhöhungen im dreistelligen Bereich gewöhnt... Die Inflation im Energiesektor (in Bezug auf Strom) ist hierzulande einfach schon bei ca. 300% angekommen.

Edit: 300% von 2019 bis Februar 2023. Um das in einen Kontext zu setzen. Und das ist noch das Optimum; Für Neukunden sind es aktuell 500%.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (6. Februar 2023 um 18:40)

• I'll probably get back around €600 because I'm still paying for the unused gas. However, that only covers around 4 months in terms of price increases in the electricity sector. Just 4 months - not a year. Considering the reduced quality of life, not heating is not even particularly efficient as an object of economic efficiency; So it would be much better here to save on power guzzlers. Unfortunately, this is not possible for me under the condition that I want to continue to operate my server.

Basis: I currently pay €500 per month for electricity and only €50 for gas heating. Actually a mockery, if you consider the alleged Austrian price coupling of electricity to gas; There should never be a relationship like that.

Mind me asking... how much electricity do you spend per month to get a 500€ bill?

• About 830 kWh. My ancient server infrastructure - while historically significant - just eats power like a bottomless barrel. Though I have to say, this is the 2022 value. It might be slightly less for 2023, as I've reduced my lighting (pulling some bulbs out of my lamps) and stopped using my fridge in winter months, as it's not necessary. But I doubt it'll be much less than 750 kWh / Month.

The seemingly machine-based translation you got isn't quite accurate though. What I meant by "There should never be a relationship like that" is more like: Given the price coupling, electricity prices should be much lower! Gas prices have only increased up to +100%, whereas electricity prices have sky-rocketed to 300-500%. That's why I called the coupling "mockery"; The industry appears to just use it as they please. To rise prices where it fits their bill, or to rise it even more... especially given that local energy producers have little added costs to consider, while still producing cheaply based on water, solar and wind energy, which covers 75% of our national consumption; But still, they're five times as expensive when compared to just three years ago, resulting in many added Euro billions (!) of profit... for a country of just 9 million people.

Edit: One reason for this seems to be European free trade; Meaning, other countries could just buy up our locally produced energy as long as its cheaper than their own, robbing us of our supply. Pure craze. This shouldn't be the "reward" you get for going all "ecologically responsible". ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (6. Februar 2023 um 20:50)

• 830 KWh per month costs 500+€ there? I spend roughly the same amount (~10MWh) per year since I also have a house full of gadgets and "smart things" and I used to pay around 120€ per month before I had the solar panels installed. Now it's 13€ per month and a yearly assessment. If I use less than what I produced I have to pay for it, if I produce more I give it to the power company.

Even with your higher incomes, they are robbing you with those prices.

Yeah that common European market has its downsides. Our nuclear power plant sells it a few times cheaper than for what we have to buy it back for. But I guess it does provide security and stability. We do need that second nuclear power plant ASAP.

• Nuclear power is the greenest out there. Solar & wind is nice, but they're not stable enough to be a primary source of power where I live. Greta...I'll better keep my opinion of her to myself.

• 830 KWh per month costs 500+€ there? I spend roughly the same amount (~10MWh) per year since I also have a house full of gadgets and "smart things" and I used to pay around 120€ per month before I had the solar panels installed. Now it's 13€ per month and a yearly assessment. If I use less than what I produced I have to pay for it, if I produce more I give it to the power company.

Even with your higher incomes, they are robbing you with those prices.

I wasn't nearly as expensive just three to four years ago. As I mentioned, again, electric energy inflation has reached 300 - 500% in my country, in relation to 2019. It would be ~500% for me if I were to need a new contract instead of just extending my existing one.

Also: Nuclear fission power is neither the greenest, nor the safest, nor the most economically viable (just look at the subsidies coming out of tax money and largely government-covered liabilities, which are what's making it cheap for the end customer). So I have to refuse that statement.

Unless you're talking about the increasingly realistic option of Nuclear fusion power, that is. But I doubt that. ;)

Naturally, if your geographic location does not allow for any ecologically viable type of producing electric energy, there's not much you can do. Where I am, we're kinda blessed with that stuff. Lots of water power, wind, sun, everything.

If you're willing to share, where do you live, actually? Just roughly. I am somewhat in the middle of Austria.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• It went up here as well, but we're talking about an under 50% increase of price.

I guess we won't agree on that :D I am a huge fan of nuclear power. It's safe as long as you make it safe. It's also a really stable source, you know at all times how much you are getting out of it. Electrical cars alone will demand so much more power, we have no other option really.

I'm from slovenia.

• It's safe as long as you make it safe.

That's exactly the issue. We cannot assume a safe enough enviroment for hundreds of thousands of years to come. It can unfortunately be seen in the Ukraine, how dangerous people can behave in proximity of a nuclear power plant.

Electrical cars are no real problem. Studies say that (for Germany), converting the whole fleet will increase the power consumption by a quarter. We are easily able to add a quarter of power within decades. Dynamic tariffs will help flatten demand and push it into times of oversupply.

Next challenge will be heatpumps which add to the demand.

We are Microsoft of Borg. Assimilation is imminent. Resistance is... Error in Borg.dll. Press OK to abort.

• hmm, wir sind von 170€ auf 340€ auf 580€ hochgestuft worden ;( Für Gas.

MfG. HellScream

Asus P5E VM-HDMI S.775 / Intel Xeon X5460 @ S.775 Mod. / 4x 2GB A-DATA Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2-800+ / EVGA GTX 570 Classified

Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition S.775 / Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 / 4x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer-1066/PC2-8500 / Evga Geforce GTX 285 FTW

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert / AMD Athlon 64 FX 60 Dual-Core / 4x 1GB OCZ EL Platinum @ OCZ Kühler / SLI @ NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92

• Arg. Das verstehe ich nicht, beim Gas haben wir ca. +100%, und das ist schon ein Fall am schlechteren Ende des Spektrums. Und du sitzt da bei einer Steigerung von 241%!?

Ich habe jetzt grade noch Mal nachgeschaut, und als Neukunde würde ich jetzt für Gas an meinem Standort 11,40¢/kWh zahlen, also 871,27€ im Jahr bei Normalverbrauch ohne Sparflamme mit allen Nebenkosten inklusive. Das wären "nur" 72€/M für 20-21°C in der Bude. Oder meinst du deinen JAHRESverbrauch? Dann würde das evtl. mehr Sinn ergeben.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Das kann schon der Monatsverbrauch gewesen sein. Ich wäre mit einem Anbieter bei ca. 800 EUR im Monat gelandet, jetzt bin ich beim Grundversorger bei knapp über 200. Und nein, das ist vom vorherigen Anbieter kein "Wucher, Preistreiberei, Abzocke", sondern es kommt auf die Einkaufsstrategie an. Ich hatte das in einem anderen Forum mal etwas beleuchtet, ich poste das mal hier rein:

TLDR: Wenn der Anbieter "Deinen" Verbrauch zu einem ungünstigen Zeitpunkt eingekauft hat (und das ist bei den Kapriolen in den letzten Monaten nicht unwahrscheinlich), dann kann Dein Preis viel höher sein als bei anderen Anbietern. Für die Energieversorger war es in den letzten Monaten wie ein Lotteriespiel. Der Gewinner/Verlierer ist halt leider der Endkunde.

We are Microsoft of Borg. Assimilation is imminent. Resistance is... Error in Borg.dll. Press OK to abort.

• Bei uns haben viele Broker einfach die Neukundenaufnahme komplett gestoppt, und akquirierte Kontingente erst Mal ausgeliefert... Es gab auch etliche Energieanbieter, die haben einfach Bestandskunden radikal rausgekündigt, und sind in Warteposition gegangen, in Spekulation auf sinkende Preise im EK. Voll arg.

Edit: Ich habe auch die EXAA studiert und beobachtet, also die Strombörse(n) für AT & DE. Plus, ich persönlich lehne jedweden Eingriff an meiner Österreischischen Sprache ab; das inkludiert :innen-ismen. NIMM dir halt die extra Bytes und schreibe "Bestandskundinnen und Bestandskunden" hin, verdammt noch Mal! Für davon abweichende Sexualitäten sind eh beide Scheiße noch Mal ungeeignet!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (7. Februar 2023 um 17:35)

• Nuclear Power. It would be a good Technology if we could fix some things:

Maintenance: I have never seen anything in the Industry where the Maintenance was done like it should been. (some things: Missing Dokumentation, Missing spare parts, do a fast check of some points and mark as done on a checklist, working after checklists but not looking 1 inch left and right, and so on...)

Where to keep the trash:

Here in Germany we like to put the trash in salt and water....

Using new technology:

there are options out there to build nuclear plants that runs longer and that don't generate that much trash as the ones we have. And some technology to use the trash we have....

I hope on Nuclear fusion, and E-Fuels.

E-Fuels could be epic. Generating Gasoline/Gas in the Desert, Pipelines to everywhere we need it. Then we can use our old Infrastructure to burn it / drive cares / generate electricity.

• Hier mal die letzte Erhöhung:

Der Anbieter ist die SüWag.

MfG. HellScream

ps. watn Glück, hab mich vertan, sind NUR 525€ :bonk:

Asus P5E VM-HDMI S.775 / Intel Xeon X5460 @ S.775 Mod. / 4x 2GB A-DATA Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2-800+ / EVGA GTX 570 Classified

Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition S.775 / Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 / 4x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer-1066/PC2-8500 / Evga Geforce GTX 285 FTW

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert / AMD Athlon 64 FX 60 Dual-Core / 4x 1GB OCZ EL Platinum @ OCZ Kühler / SLI @ NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92